H. pylori infection?

Sarah76010
on 3/7/08 10:15 pm - Mansfield, TX

Hey all!

I got a call from mr Dr. office yesterday - when they did my EGD, they found out that I had the H.pylori infection. I had never heard of it - but they told me it would be way better to treat it now than after surgery (I'm still waiting on approval from my INS)

Anyone else ever have it? They told me it wasn't anything to be nervous about - and I found a really cool link on WebMD (below), but I wanted to poll the members and see what your experiences were. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/h-pylori/DS00958 Sarah

skinny_cyndi
on 3/7/08 11:58 pm - Mahwah, NJ
I've never had it, but as a nurse I can tell you it's very common and very treatable, usually with an antibiotic called Flagyl.
Sarah76010
on 3/8/08 1:15 am - Mansfield, TX
Yes - that's what I found out on the WebMD website. they're treating it with a 14-day round of PREVpac, with 4 pills in the AM (Prevacid, Amoxicillin and Biaxin) and the same 4 pills in the PM.
beth75
on 3/8/08 8:49 am - Brownsboro, AL
It's a bacteria that is found to cause gastric (stomach) ulcers, and is now easily detected and treated.  Nothing to be worried about.  Just be glad they found it before you developed an ulcer. Beth
Beth75           Slow and Steady wins the race!     
  Open Revision RNY to DS  AT GOAL  I LOVE MY DS

Melissa D.
on 3/8/08 11:48 am - West Burlington, IA
I had it too, and was treated the very same way, PrevPac.  No biggie.  

Mel

Sarah76010
on 3/10/08 11:10 pm - Mansfield, TX

thanks to all for your comments!

day 4 on the meds... getting ready for my revision! ::fingers crossed::

Most Active