Pouch Size

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/7/08 5:20 am - Knoxville, TN
I just got my reports back from the Gastronologist..... it says the pouch measures approximately 10.2 cm X 5.1.  It also says that the Transverse diminsion is more difficult because due to the overlaying Roux limb, but is approximately 7.8 cm.   Says that there is postsurgical change.  But basically what this doc is saying is that the stretched pouch is normal.  I am totally lost ...Help PLEASE
JeannieBVA1
on 3/7/08 11:10 am
What test did they do?  Upper GI or EGD?   I just had the EDG done this past Wed, but they never told him me the measurements.  Just that I qualified for the Rose Procedure. The stretched pouch is NOT normal but I'm finding quite common.  Point and case... me..  I'm scheduled to have the Rose procedure April 14th to make my stomach and stoma smaller again. Good luck!  Jeannie
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/7/08 4:03 pm - Knoxville, TN
Where are you having the Rose Procedure done and how do I get involved ..was gonna have it i NY at mt sinai but they closed it a few days before my EGD ....i had both the upper GI series and the eGD
SapphireS7
on 3/12/08 5:37 am - Glendale, CA
Hi there - do you know an approximate dollar figure that these revisions for the StomaphyX is going for and if it is covered at all by insurance?  Is it true you have to have your BMI back where you started to get insurance to contemplate covering it?  Also, what procedure is it that can show you your pouch size and stoma size - I've never had this done and it was never required by the surgeon but I'm curious in case I ever decide to take that route...thank you!
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/12/08 10:57 am - Knoxville, TN
I really dont know the cost of these surgeries...however insurances will cover the revisions most wont cover the Stomaphx ....Usually you have to have the 40 BMI or 35 with comorbids but you dont have to have the same BMI as you did the first time .... my BMI is 38.6 and was almost 60 before the original surgery...you will need to have an Upper GI Series and the Upper Endoscope ..... your PCP probably order them but i went to a Gastronologist
Most Active