Will Tricare Prime cover a takedown?

Wendy D.
on 3/7/08 3:50 am - Enterprise, AL
Does anyone have any information regarding Tricare coverage on a revision or takedown? Thanks for the  help 
kmbear
on 3/7/08 4:53 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I have Tricare prime. It says if you have had intestinal bypass or other surgery for obesity and because of complications, requires another surgery. Which I would think means revision. Karen
Dee J.
on 3/7/08 9:54 am
I have Tricare Prime, and just had a revision from the band to Rny and tricare paid for it all. I had no problems with getting my approval. I had to do all the testing but as soon as that was all completed I was approved and scheduled  all within a week of the last test being done. Good luck Dee
S Andrews
on 3/7/08 9:56 am - eatonville, WA
I live on the west coast  and called tricare to ask them the same question as I also have tricare prime . In my area it does cover a revision for failed weightloss so I am in the process of pursuing it. I just got a referral from my pcp so am moving forward now. The problem is finding a surgeon who will use tricare prime. Good luck with your journey Sharon
angela93075
on 3/7/08 10:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 04/07/14

I have tricare prime and I had my band completely removed almost a year ago after having had it in for five years.

mandyjustin22
on 3/15/08 10:15 am - Dunedin, FL
I am having Severe issues getting anything down other than water and meds.  Even that is a challenge for me most days.  I cannot force down protein or food and I just hit 5 months.  I am starting to have severe malnutrition issues.  I am curious if Tricare will pay for a Take Down.  Or allow surgeon to adjust something so I dont have to worry about dumping and malnutrition.  I see surgeon on Wednesday.  Up until now, I have been at a loss.  I don't care if I never lose another pound again.  I want my life back!  I have lost 100lbs and currently weigh 165.  Please offer your thoughts.  I am to the point of demanding they reverse this surgery!  UGH! We have Tricare Prime.
Wendy D.
on 3/17/08 5:18 am - Enterprise, AL

I hate to hear you are having such a difficult time. I do hope you are able to get help. Tricare can be very difficult at time but it sounds like you have a good case and I can't see them refusing you. I don't think a take down is what you want but a revision or reversal. I could be wrong. I'm not as knowledgable as most on this site but I would post and see if someone could give you more informaiton.

Most Active