HUNGER!!

Nikkiconner
on 3/6/08 2:02 pm - Azle, TX
I had a revision on jan 11 2008. The first few weeks everything was fine and I was losing weight. NOW I am Hungery ALL the time. Is this common... My first surgery I did not get hungery for 2 yrs and now this.. Could there be a problem?
S Andrews
on 3/6/08 2:09 pm - eatonville, WA
Nikki, What type of surgery did you have the first time and what type of revision did you have? Sharon
Nikkiconner
on 3/6/08 2:34 pm - Azle, TX
I had a RNY, in 2001... My Revision was also a RNY. He removed part of my stomach this time as well as intestine from what I was told.  I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is this a medical problem or what. I just know that I'm FAMISHED!
S Andrews
on 3/7/08 12:17 am - eatonville, WA
Are you still continuing to lose weight eventho you are hungry. From my understanding when a revision is done they don't usually go back in and make your stomache smaller. He just removed the part of the old stomach that had been seperated the first time- mine was removed when I had my surgery done the first time. Then he must have bypassed more of your intestine so that you could have better weight loss due to the malabsorption. I guess what I'm trying to say is that your stomache isn't going to be be any smaller than when you went in unless he decided to make it smaller which usually isn't done unless there are problems.The major part of the revsion is to have more of your intestine removed for greater weight loss. I hope this makes sense.
Pam K.
on 3/6/08 9:45 pm - Aurora, IL
Have you had lab work done recently, are you sure you don't have a vitamin deficiency of some type?  I'm assuming you are still on a very restricted diet.  I think there is this initial period where you are recovering from the surgery, taking pain meds, emotions a little dulled, and then you body wakes up and starts wanting the old habits.  It will pass.  The emotional piece of all this is much more difficult than the physical.  Good luck - tell yourself you can get thru this.  Have a great weekend.
skinny_cyndi
on 3/7/08 4:15 am - Mahwah, NJ
I recently on  2/27 also had a RNY revision done to my original RNY. I'm not as far out as you so I can't comment yet. But my pouch was remade due to staple line disruption. I've lost 11 lbs so far, and am doing okay. But I am not hungry. Talk with your surgeon and see if he remade your pouch to a smaller size if the stoma was stretched, also maybe he should order an upper GI, there are a lot more risk of complications with revision surgery than originally.
Smitha
on 3/15/08 3:32 pm - Vestavia, AL
Cyndi, I had a revision on the 27th also. I find that I can drink without any issue and really eat anything without pain and have to make myself stop eating. Are you experiencing this?
Most Active