Had the Restore procedure yesterday

mipo1
on 3/5/08 8:42 am - Lowell, MA
I had the Restore procedure yesterday 3/4/08. I will be extremely surprised if I find out I had  the sham only.  It was a very unpleasant awakening,  I was FULL of air they had pumped in.  I was supposed to pass it both ends except I haven't burped since my RNY 10 years ago and only vomited once in all these years (and that was agony)  Finally tonight I was able to crush a pain pill (VERY bitter) and that has helped.  Most of the air has passed rectally so I don't feel like I'm going to explode.  My throat was a bit painful but nothing compared to the pain in my upper abdomen right under the ribs. I'm sure this was due to the pressure from the air.  I wouldn't think that this is what everyone will experience, but is more likely due to my inability to burp up gas.  The procedure was long also, several hours, so that's another reason I think I had the true procedure. My stoma was Huge too (40 mm) so I don't think my post op discomfort should be considered typical.  Glad it's done and now I can get back to the business of wt loss  HORRAY !!!  228 lbs and going down from here.  I'll keep you updated 
NueBelieve
on 3/5/08 1:51 pm - PA
I to had the same pain under my breasts but still don't know if I had the "Sham" or not. Best of luck to you and take it easy for the next few days. :)
Betsy C.
on 3/5/08 8:51 pm - Efland, NC
We all have such different stories to tell.  My throat was killing me, but I didn't have any of the upper abdominal pain you described (other than some burning discomfort in the area of the stoma, which I think was from the cautery).  Congratulations - you'll begin to feel wonderful in a few days.  If I can be any inspiration, I've lost 8-1/2 lbs since last Thursday, when I had the RESTORe procedure. Get lots of rest.

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

mipo1
on 3/6/08 1:35 am - Lowell, MA
I weighed myself last night an had lost 6 pounds, though I was dressed with shoes at 228 and in a nightgown at 222 realistically it was more likely 3 pounds or so.  I started on the full liquid stage today and I really feel the restriction again YEA!!    My abd pain is just an ache now and the awful bloated pain is pretty much resolved..  I'm getting lots of rest and listening to books on tape. The only very unpleasant part left is the need to crush some of my pills that couldnt be made into a liquid or chewable.  My dietician mentioned a calcium chewable new to the market I think it began with A  and had cream in its name, anyone out there know it? 
KIMBERLY W.
on 3/6/08 2:22 am - Florence, MA
Hi  I belive you mean the new cirtical creamy bites...sound familiar                              KIM
Most Active