I'm approved for the Rose Procedure

Supergirl1976
on 3/7/08 8:18 am
I'm having the ROSE procedure on 3/21. Babybee, are you going to Synchrony (Dr. Watkins)? When is your surgery date? Has anyone actually had the procedure yet? I'm just wondering what to expect as he said liquids for 3 days up to 3 weeks, depending on how tight the stoma is after surgery. I know i won't lose nearly as quickly this time (i have much less to lose, and don't have the benefit of malabsorption like before) but i'm wondering what a realistic expectation may be. Looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck, everyone!
babybee6
on 3/7/08 11:05 am - Cincinnati, OH
Yes, I am. My date is April 4th and it seems so far away!  Who's doing your's? What and when was your original surgery? It seems like  people who have had similar surgeries (RESTORe) have been losing pretty well.  Dr. Watkins told me I would only be on liquids a few days but I haven't talked to the dietitian yet. The diet for the RESTORe procedure is strict. That's OK by me. I want this to work. Brenda
JeannieBVA1
on 3/7/08 10:59 am
Supergirl,  I just found out today that I'm having surgery April 14th.  Please stay in touch with me at [email protected].  I would love to keep track of your progress and get your advice since you will be doing it before me. What I do know is the people that's had the restore (just the stoma) done is losing about 2.50 to 3lbs a week.  They are feeling the restriction and going through a lot of what we did with the original bypass. Things I've heard everyone reccomend is chewable multivitamins, liquit tylonyle(sp?) s/f popcycles, protein powders/drinks, broth, Liptons 4pk cream of chicken, s/f jello, and yougart.   I also heard cottage cheese, and boiled eggs but i think that was for like stage 2 of the foods.  That's about all I know.  Anyone is welcome to give suggestions for the beginning of the recovery stage.  I will be going to GNC soon to find a powder protein mix that's tasteless so that I can mix it with anything. Hope this helps.. please stay in touch. Jeannie
Betsy C.
on 3/7/08 9:34 pm - Efland, NC
I think the full liquid phase of the RESTORe diet pretty strict.  It also seems to vary by location.  I'm in Baltimore and you stay on it for 16 days and it doesn't allow any yogurt or pudding - just protein shakes, broth,  sf popsicles, crystal light, Fruit2O - that type of sf liquids and of course water.  It's a challenge to be around the smell of food, but if i steer clear of that, I do fine.  First thing in the morning I feel like a car on empty, but once I get a few sips of something in me, it begins to get better.  I just have to keep something handy to sip on.  It's been 9 days and I've lost 8-1/2 lbs, which I think is excellent.  It is absolutely imperative that you follow orders or you'll pull out the sutures. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

JeannieBVA1
on 3/7/08 10:07 pm

Betsy,

You are doing great!   You are my new hero!   :-)

Betsy C.
on 3/7/08 10:26 pm - Efland, NC
Thanks Jeannie - I haven't been anyone's hero in a long time.  I used to lead my surgeon's support group back in Wilmington for the first two years ago WLS, and back then I was everyone's hero, and my doc's poster child for WLS.  Then the regain began and things went downhill from there.  It's nice to know I'm someone's hero once again.

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

jfenergy
on 3/8/08 2:43 am - Athens, AL
does anyone know of other location for the rose,, i was told to call north carolina, and they told me they were not yet doing the trials and would call in a month or so.. i havent heard a word.. i would like to pick another site even if i have to travel... any suggestion???.. thanks in advance
luckymomof4
on 3/8/08 5:02 am
I am scheduled for the ROSE the end of AMrch.  you can go to incisionlesssurgery.com and it will tell you the locations.
JeannieBVA1
on 3/14/08 1:54 pm
Luckymom,  Please keep me updated... my procedure has been scheduled for April 14th.  I would love to know all the details and know what to exspect. Thanks,  Jeannie
bubbie617
on 3/15/08 12:04 pm - King of Prussia, PA
Betsy, Can you tell me who the doctor and hospital are who did your RESTORe procedure.  Baltimore is only a couple of hours from me and I would like to look into it.  Thanks very much. Susan
Most Active