I'm approved for the Rose Procedure

JeannieBVA1
on 3/5/08 9:13 am
Hello Everyone,  I had my EDG done today.  Although sedated.. I remember everything.  It was a little unpleasant but nothing horrifying.   My throat is a little sore and I'm still sleepy 12 hours later.  I've slept a lot today and getting ready to go back to bed. Dr. Brengman was wonderful (and cute).  I like his bedside manner. He did tell me I was approved for the "Rose" study.  They will start doing surgery in April.   I also got some pretty kewl (or gross, ever how you want to see it) pictures of my stomach and stoma.  The inside of my stomach looks as big as a large grapefruit and my stoma looked almost as big as a egg.  I also saw my stitches from my previous GB in 1993. I will keep you updated..  Thanks everyone for the support Jeannie
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/5/08 9:20 am - Knoxville, TN
Is this through a clinical trial? If so I wonder if they are accepting other patients ...I already have my EGD and my upper GI series done...and also where is this located ...can I please get some info on it  Thanks Cheryl
JeannieBVA1
on 3/5/08 9:25 am

I am going to be part of a study.  This one is being done in Richmond, Virginia.   http://cumc.columbia.edu/dept/cs/pat/obesity/eros_illustrations.html This link is from another center doing the procedures but does show a great illustration of the porcedure.  Just copy and past it into your browser.  Good luck!  Jeannie

babybee6
on 3/5/08 10:02 am - Cincinnati, OH
Is there any cost involved? Mine will be $1000 but that's OK with me since it's the only way I can get it.
Doesn't Matter
on 3/6/08 2:07 am - Indianapolis, IN
Revision on 02/29/12
Can anybody else tell us what theirs cost too?
babybee6
on 3/6/08 2:43 am - Cincinnati, OH
Here's what I think I know.  My doctors are going to perform this surgery on patients who are candidates for the procedure even if they are not in the trial. The cost is $14,000 but the company conducting the trials is only paying $13,000 so my cost is $1,000. Since most insurance companies won't pay for this new procedure I am more than willing to pay this and do the follow ups, answer questions, whatever is involved in being part of the trial. I consider it a bargain since it is 20 minutes away and i won't have to travel several times for six months and pay for hotels and everything.  I wish there was no cost like  most, if not all of you, but I am just happy to be able to be a part of this. The Rose procedure is already FDA approved. I really want this and am just praying I don't  get canceled like I did for the RESTORe procedure. I am not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but I just really want this to happen for me and I've had time to save since January and I thought I had to travel six hours, etc. and it seems like I've been waiting FOREVER.
mwinters69
on 3/12/08 5:17 am - Nitro, WV

Hello I tried to call Dr. Bregnmanm's office today but the lady didn't know what I was talking about so she transferred me to an Irene and I left a message.  Do you have a contact name and number??  Do you know if he needs anyone else.  Thanks for the help. Michelle

MaryTeresa
on 3/5/08 10:10 am - Loveland, OH
How do you get in on the Rose procedure? My mom had RNY in 2002 and is at 40.5 bmi and her knees cant take her weight .
Betsy C.
on 3/5/08 8:54 pm - Efland, NC
Go to http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1 and call or email the contact person and she will tell you the closest location to you/your mother.

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

JeannieBVA1
on 3/5/08 11:11 am
I was told the procedure is going to be paid for by the Practice.  However, today when I had my EGD, they did take my insurence card.  I know I'm not paying for the surgery!    As for tryingt to get into a study, I would call the Dr.s that are doing them.  You can find different names through the forum here..   My Dr. is Brengman in Richmond Virginia. Good luck!
Most Active