Lapband after RNY

Binxalways
on 3/10/08 7:19 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
I look forward to hearing from you!!  I can't wait to hear what he says!!!
ellton
on 3/11/08 2:19 pm
Hi Elizabeth.  I'm sorry its taken me forever to get back to you.  So, my Surgeon stated that he needs to remove the hernia and that he'll make my pouch small while he's at it.  He also informed me that the Stomaphyx is very encourging.  It will allow Baratric Patients to receive their check up annually ensuring that the pouch and the stoma remains small.  So, I'll be having the surgery soon to remove the hernia and modify the pouch. Talk with ya soon! Tonya
Binxalways
on 3/11/08 11:18 pm - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Hi Tonya! I actually have an appointment with my surgeon at 2:00 today, so I will let you know what he tells me. Is your surgeon going to surgically make the pouch smaller, or put a lap-band around the pouch?

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
eilwene
on 9/16/08 2:46 pm
Hello Elizabeth,

I was following the thread about a band after rny.  I am in the same situation and am trying to research the outcomes of a band after rny.  I live outside of Chicago as do you and see you had the band placed in July.

I would love to know how you are doing.  Are you glad that you got the band?  Who did the surgery?

I have so many questions I don't want to overwhelm you.  Please share anything and everything.

Thank you,

Jennifer (eilwene is my userid)

pakimomi
on 4/11/11 6:56 am

In  1999 i had rny lost 100 in the first year during that time i got a hiatal hernia my doctor waited for the year to fix it then that way he was able to remove 12lbs. of skin at the same time, then after that i lost 100 more ten i got pregnant and that's all she wrote. gave birth in 2003 never lost it after that. since then i've had that seclarotheropy twice (sorry if i didn't spell that right. and not to much luck so now i  was looking into seeing if it's posible to get the band done. but now reading here i know it's posible so now i'll talk to the doctors here but do you have any suggestions??

Paula Prichard
on 3/13/08 1:39 am - Kingman, AZ
I hate mine--if you want the whole story pm me. :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Momto2blessings
on 9/4/08 2:36 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi ,  please share your story with me about your lap over rny.  I have gained 50 lbs and 11 years out and terrified of regaining all of my weight back and looking for revision options.
thanks,
renee
smilyldy
on 11/3/09 1:16 pm - CA
I am also 11 years out with RNY.  I, however, have gained back a lot more than just 50lbs.  I am looking also to get a revision.  I want lapband over RNY, but my Aetna PPO wouldn't cover it.  I was seeing my doctor for almost a year with everything they had me doing and still the insurance said no.  I change to HMO soon and hope for better chance with them.  Who knows.  Any change in your status since your post?

Kierstien
Christine Knorr
Wiatrowski

on 2/5/09 10:05 am - Ventnor City, NJ
Why do you hate it?  I was just starting to research the possiblity of band after rny.
ajwould713
on 5/11/11 4:14 am
Hi i'm in the process of trying to get my insurance to approve my surgery of Band ofver RNY I had RNY jan 2006 and I have gained 50lbs back and i'm not liking it at all.  They denied me once and now we are trying to appeal it.  Im trying to find out how everyoe is doing and with having the RNY then by putting in the Band is your weight coming off faster than if you would have just had the band. 
Most Active