What other methods are avail to reduce the stoma?

ellton
on 3/5/08 2:17 am
Hi again.  My physician informed me that my pouch is small by that my stoma has enlarged considerably.  I've contacted the folks conducting the Restore procedure and am waiting to hear back.   Does anyone know of any other methods used to decrease the size of the stoma? Thanks Tonya
SophieGrace
on 3/5/08 2:55 am - IL
ROSE and EROS also reduce the size of the stoma.

SophieGrace 

liquidl
on 3/6/08 12:11 am
Hi, See my post from a few days ago on "NonInvasive: Rose, EROS and StomaphyX compared." How did you get in contact with the folks at Restore? I couldn't find them when I was doing my research. Lili
SophieGrace
on 3/7/08 12:12 pm - IL

I think those trials are closed.

I could be wrong, however.

SophieGrace 

ice-cream
on 3/6/08 6:08 am
tonya i am also interested in how you got in contact with the people at restore.  i live in michigan andi have a enlarge pouch and stoma.  please tell me how you were able to get in touch with the restore people. 
Betsy C.
on 3/7/08 8:05 pm - Efland, NC
The Restore trial is closed - has been since February.  They are only finishing up on procedures where people were already accepted into the study before they capped enrollment.  However, the Rose procedure is enrolling.  Go to http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1 If this link doesn't work for you, just go to http://clinicaltrials.gov/ and search on NCT00411489 (the trial identifier) and it should take you right to the site.  If you call or email the contact person, Mary Lou Mooney (listed on the above site), she will tell you the closest location to you.

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Betsy C.
on 3/7/08 8:07 pm - Efland, NC
Why is it when I post a link here and it's wider than this box, it cuts it off the rest of the URL?  I've seen where others have done it and the URL wraps to the next line 

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Most Active