Band to RNY /'s

Terri C.
on 3/4/08 11:21 am - Slidell, LA
I have had my band for over 2 years, it slipped and now i have finally gotten my approval for RNY(short version of the story), well my questions is has anyone here had this done? Was it worse than a regular RNY that you know of? ANy complications? How is the bypass compared to the band?  Thanks for listening and helping !!! Terri in Louisiana
Terri C.
Lapband revised to RNY 4/1/08

ebony_teaches
on 3/4/08 11:52 am - Baker, LA
Hi Terri we sound like twins.  My band slipped May of 07 and I had a revision to rny in december.  I was told after the revision that we are slow losers.  I have only lost 26lbs give or take the same 2lbs that come and go.  I'm frustrated but hopefully it will creep down as the months go by. Read my profile and ask any questions you have.  Who's your surgeon?  Take care.  Ebony

Ebony_Teaches

highest life time weight 330lbs///  lowest life time weight without surgery 217lbs
weight pre band 292lbs ///  lowest weight with band 232lbs
pre op weight w/ gastric bypass 252lbs
current weight with RNY 195lbs

"Everything is possible for him who believes."   
Mark 9:23

Terri C.
on 3/5/08 1:25 am - Slidell, LA
Hi Ebony!!  You story wounds so familiar.... I have mentally preparred myself to have the drain tube in and it really doesn't look so bad... Did you  have a catheter as well? Dr Warden is my surgen. You will pick up with the weight loss, just keep the faith and keep moving! I know it is easier said than done:) I am looking forward to having this band gone since i have so much pain with port on my ribs! Good Luck! Thanks for replying... Terri
Terri C.
Lapband revised to RNY 4/1/08

virginiann
on 3/18/08 4:00 am - Peoria, AZ

Hi all my name is Virginia and I recently had my lapband removed and switched to the RNY. I am three weeks post-op and due to extensive scar tissue my surgery took 4 hours. There were no complications other than it takeing so long. My biggest complaint is that I have (still have) pain when my port was. The surgeon said it is because the port was orignially sewn into muscle and they had to cut it out of that same muscle and when stitching it back up they had to use a zig zag stich and a heavier suture. Anyway, he claims that is where all the pain is coming from.

All I know is this is three weeks out and I am still not ready to go back to work. I am hoping next week I will be able to go back. I haven't found anyone who has had a revision from the band to rny to chat with so if there are any of you out there please respond to this message or message privately at: [email protected].

Thank you! Virginia

Most Active