Stomaphyx or Rose MD in IL

Pam K.
on 3/4/08 10:22 am, edited 3/4/08 10:44 pm - Aurora, IL
Has anyone in the Chicago area found a very experienced MD that they are happy with.  Dr. Schlessinger did  my original surgery, but he moved to AZ.  I may consider going there, but I would really like to have the local support, could get very expensive if I had a complication.  Thanks
ANDREWS65
on 3/5/08 5:26 am - CHICAGO, IL

Dr. Constantine Frantzides in Skokie, IL is a great surgeon!  Check out his profile in the bariatric surgeon section. Good Luck

Binxalways
on 3/9/08 6:01 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Hi there!  I believe Dr Rosen in Downers Grove (www.LifeWeighBariatrics.com) performs the Stomaphyx procedure...He has mentioned it to me, but my revision needs included fixing a hiatal hernia, shrinking the pouch, and reducing the stoma, so it isn't appropriate for me.  Plus, I don't think my insurance covers it.  He did initailly mention it as an option, though!   Sincerely, Elizabeth 

Pam K.
on 3/10/08 4:41 am - Aurora, IL
I called to schedule an appoinntment to talk to Dr. Rosen and the gatekeeper on the phone would only let me make an appointment if I joined the entire program.  Meaning, I had to see the dietitian, exercise physiologist and pay $250 for the support group.  I explained I already had surgery and wanted to talk with just the MD and that if I chose to proceed I would be willing to join.  Absolutely not.  I am going to call some other physicians.  That seems totally unreasonable.
Most Active