NON-INVASTIVE Revisions Compared!! StomaphyX, EROS, ROSE

Ruth A.
on 9/30/08 6:03 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Karen

what are the rules you shoudl follow after having the stomaphyx?  Glad to hear how well you are doing!

Thanks, Ruth

karenwhiting
on 9/30/08 10:23 am
 My doctor said the reason he was seeing many fail, was that the stomach wasn't fully healed when the patient started eating,  I was on liquids the first three weeks, then soft foods for weeks 4-6.  To this day, with eating the small amounts I am able to eat, it is hard to get the amount of protein he wants me to eat.  I can feel the restriction and have not tried to eat more when the "full button" goes off.
tulagirl
on 9/7/08 8:31 pm - Schenectady, NY
Karen,

Thank you for the update. I was initially looking into a full revision, but after meeting with my Dr I am thinking about Stomaphyx.  I am going to try 6 months of supervised diet and trying to get back on track first.  I want to have my mind in the right place before doing it.  From what I am reading if you follow the rules exactly with the Stomaphyx it will work.  I think if I get my head on straight first I will do better.   I am hoping that maybe even with some support from a nutrionist and the surgeon I may not need to even have a surgery, but I know that this is an option.
winchester1886
on 3/18/10 8:21 pm - North Logan, UT

Does anyone have any info on this Rose Trial,  Is it still going on. I had gastric bypass surgery in 1993, and did great for a while. My Insurance Company emphatically states that they will do nothing to pay for any treatment of Obesity. A Local lapband surgeon reccomended that I look into the Rose Procedure. I live in Utah and the closest surgeon that I have found that does the Rose Procedure is in San Diego. Any Ideas?
Most Active