Had EDG yesterday, questions

Beachbumm
on 3/3/08 9:39 pm - Someplace, LA
Hi, I had an EDG yesterday to check my pouch size......I didn't get to speak with the doc after the procdure but my husband did....only thing is my hubbie didn't ask him what the exact SIZE of my pouch is.  the doc said it was larger than it should be though.  I go to see him in a week to discuss possible revision. My question is that i had RNY in 2002.  Lost all of my weight but now have gained back about 55 pounds......I had a ton of complications and my family is FREAKING out at the idea of my having a possible revision.  ANy suggestions on what I can do or say to them about it.  They are to the point of being pissed at me!  I am trying to take care of myself. Any help is appreciated. THANKS Lorri
Lorri
RNY 5/27/2002
249/119/160
kmbear
on 3/3/08 11:55 pm - Coeur D Alene, ID
Getting a consult today and possibly the EGD, what else would be good questions to ask?? So far I have thought about what happens if the vomiting comes back? Why do I have constant burping? With or without food or drink. Will you be able to tell if I have GERD? Can I have pictures of stoma? I had VBG 4 and half years ago, would like to get revsion to RNY. Good luck to you and hopefully do what is best for you. Karen
Beachbumm
on 3/4/08 12:50 am - Someplace, LA

yes they can tell you if you have a hernia causing GERD or other problems more than likely. They should also give you a picture if you ask. Good luck!! Lorri

Lorri
RNY 5/27/2002
249/119/160
JRinAZ
on 3/4/08 4:04 am - Layton, UT

Hey Beachbum.... If your family wants to know why you're wanting a Revision; how about the truth? 1.  Your 1st surgery has failed because of cir****tances beyond your control. 2.  You want an improved quality of life whi*****ludes better health and a trimmer body. 3.  They can do research as well and find the facts. 4.  Maybe print off Dr. Schlesinger's ABC's that he's printed so far and have them read it.  I think it clearly states that the surgery fails you and you don't fail the surgery. 5.  Let them know the details of procedure you are leaning towards and what your protocol will need to be regarding supplements, compliance, follow-up, etc. Ask for their support now.  Well meaning loved ones can sabotage our efforts in a second if they don't know the complete picture. AND....BE BRAVE!  Be ready to dump toxic people from your life or at least control the amount of time you must be around them.  I think they'll get that you are serious if they see that you've backed away from them when they are negative. Good luck!  This is about YOU nad your future!  ....  Hang with us if you need some perking up!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Beachbumm
on 3/4/08 4:09 am - Someplace, LA
Thanks Joyce! I appreciate your kind words of advice.  I think I will give them Dr. Schlesinger's ABC's like you said, what a good idea!   My mom loves me but she has a hard way of wording things and they come out wrong.  She weights 200 pounds so she is not really in a spot to criticize me.   Thanks again, yall are all awesome!!! HUGS to you too! Lorri
Lorri
RNY 5/27/2002
249/119/160
kmbear
on 3/4/08 11:55 pm - Coeur D Alene, ID
I only had a consult and the soonest I can get scoped is on March 11th next tuesday. Not sure if I have obstruction, stricture or an ulcer. So stayng on liquids for another week. Karen
Beachbumm
on 3/5/08 1:43 am - Someplace, LA
Karen Good luck and let us know how you do...... Lorri
Lorri
RNY 5/27/2002
249/119/160
kmbear
on 3/5/08 3:12 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I definately will, because I have read and learned so much more from these postings and profiles on OH, that I am sure if anyone has experienced this will be able to help or I will be able to help them. I would like to also know what happens if you  get revision, very curious about that subject also.
Most Active