HOW MUCH IS TO MUCH WEIGHT TO GAIN BERFORE YOU CALL

Jodi W
on 3/3/08 1:43 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
CINDY I was just reading about the Rose proceedure and the stomaphyx, and if your pouch is to small they can't do that either. So you went in for the full revision? Would you take just a sec. and tell me what they did? Did they just redo your pouch or do the DS. or what.  So I take it most insurances will pay for a revision but not the easier Rose procedure or Stomaphyx. How Strange is that. I am so happy for you that your doing so well and the surgery is behind you. How long did it take for you to get this all in the works and scheduled? I would like to have it done like yesterday before any more damage is done. weight gain that is, Take care and congrats again on your surgery. Have a wonderful day and a speedy recovery to you

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

skinny_cyndi
on 3/3/08 1:56 am - Mahwah, NJ
It took me about 30 days to schedule, I was approved in two days by being vigilent with my insurance company. The first thing to do is call the member services number on the back of your card and see if there are any exclusions for weight loss surgery, if you have the same insurance this shouldn't be an issue. I had staple line distruptio n at my pouch with a fistuLA between the old pouch and the new one, also had an ulcer on the fistula opening. I had a stricture which originally kept me hospitalized for 5 days in early january, which is how i met the surgeon who did my revision. the one who originally did my suregy is now out of state. i also had the opening from the pouch to the limb which was not big enough, had been made to small at first and was trapping food. I also gained most of my weight back in 6-8 month period, but after 8 years. They revised the pouch and were able to make it back to 40cc, which is a little bigger tahn the 15-30cc norm but any tighter of that is unsafe due to scar tissue in my case, and I have a lot of restricion with it. They had to revise the opening and and reconnect it to the bowel, and also removed the ulcer that was present. So in essence they have redone the entire procedure over again. I was originally open, but was able to be done laparascopically and am much happier with that. easier recovery. I would start with your original surgeon , abd then find someone else if you are not satisfied. DS is another option, but for me I was happy with my original RNY and still am now.  My original RNY was bypassed 75cm for the limb, and was kept about the same length. The surgeon was very pleased, and he seems to think i may even end up quite below my goal of 140. If you need anything please feel free to send me a meaasge
Jodi W
on 3/3/08 2:13 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

Cyndi I am so happy for you. It sounds like your going to do great this time. I thank you so much for all the information you have given me. I finally have renewed happiness about this whole thing. I really wanted it to work and would love to have everything fixed so I can continue to lose weight. I will take your advice and get in touch with my insurance company and talk to the original surgeon to see what he thinks. I do know that the stoma is much larger then it should be according to my gastro doctor and when he did my endoscopy last month they found 2 small ulcers.  We shall see what happens. Wish me luck and I will let you know how everything goes. Take care my friend and enjoy your renewed happy healthier life.

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

MaryTeresa
on 3/3/08 11:24 am - Loveland, OH

Any time you need some one I am here. And thanks for asking I have 2 beautiful boys 4 and 5 they are my angels I lost 2 others though so that is why I had to be on bed rest for almost 2 years with my boys. Take care and God Bless!

JRinAZ
on 3/3/08 7:42 am - Layton, UT
Hey Jodi....no weight requirements if you think you need a revision; then you probably do.  There are if you are expecting insurance to chip in however; unless diagnostic tests prove a medical necessity.  I had regained 30 pounds and was slowly having my co-morbids from pre-wls return!  I immediately began looking into options.....reseaching band over Rny, Stomaphyx and increasing malabsorption....I went through 3 Bariatric surgeon's (and their opinions) before settling on Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix. I had my proximal Rny revised to an Extended Rny with a cm of 50.  Surgery was the day after Christmas, 12/26/07 and I've lost 36 pounds.  I'm 4 pounds from my goal weight!  I know people have said that Revisions lose more slowly and I'm sure that's the case with some.  But, I've felt the weight has just melted off.....even though I was just 40 above the weight I was after.  I'm wanting to put the brakes on it though so have been increasing calories and finding solutions to the never ending "potty" runs. (a possible side effect of ERny). Anyway, I think that choosing to have a Revision is no different than choosing our 1st WLS, in that we are all just trying to improve the quality of our life!  There are very few things in life that are done perfectly the first time!  .....  thinking of my cooking on this one Good luck on your research and on your disorder.  I honestly don't know much about that one but can only imagine that your choices in life must be very challening! Take Care!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Jodi W
on 3/3/08 8:15 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
JOYCE Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and help me out.  I had an endoscopy last month and they say the stoma is far to big.  I also have 2 ulcers in my pouch right at the beginning.  Funny I wasn't even the one to bring up the revision. It happen to be my PCP who is also my Pulmunary dr. Then when I had my colonoscopy done last week the Gastro dr. suggested it also. I'm at a loss as what to do  first  but at least now coming here I am getting more information which is of great help. I really appreciate your in put and will continue to make sure I do what is right. I just get upset knowing what I went through and even the money that was spent to start putting the weight back on again. The 2 Dr's told me not to tell my surgeon until we are all through and find out the reason for my pain. They are thinking it is Crohns. After that then we will discuss it with the surgeon I guess. I'm 5' 2" tall and weigh 194 so I feel that I need to do something fast before I am so far  out of control that it's hopeless. I already have that feeling of failure as it is.   I am very happy for  that your revision has worked so well for you. Congrats and continued good health to . Take care and have a wonderful week. Hugs to you Sincerely Jodi
jcbrwb123
on 3/3/08 10:12 am - NC
Ladies, I can relate to all of you, I too am in search of a revision. I started at 326 went to 211 and am now back up to 248. My PCP feels it is panic attacks and nerves, My surgeon says it is food. I had an UGI which showed normal but I have my doubts. I do not eat maybe 1000 cal a day at best. I actually am glad to see other people having the panic and same issues as me I was feeling pretty down until I started talking to all of you guys again and finding someone to relate to also. This is a learning process with each year, I thought I knew enough that weight gain would never happen to me but it has. I am here for you all and together we can make it. Robin

Robin B

Jodi W
on 3/3/08 10:24 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
ROBIN Thanks for the support and encouragement. Yes It looks like we are all in the same or simular boat. Thank goodness for boards like these to help us get through this whole thing. One things for sure I don't think anyone is ever alone on this board as there is always someone that has what someone else does. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Much Love and (((BIG HUGS))) SINCERELY JODI

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Most Active