convincing my surgeon to revise to distal rny or better still a ds

bonzojohns1962
on 2/29/08 3:59 am - UK
hello,           i am on the waiting list to be revised to an rny from a vbg ..thing is he is concerned about me getting nurtured  if i go for a distal..but has confessed he would do it if i could provide a valid case..i was thinking of asking him to also consider a ds..i am 6 ft 10 and a giant so he has a valid point but, if i had problem getting food in surely i would not be where i am today any idea or expierience gladly accepted cheers mark uk
mjc123
on 2/29/08 11:07 am - Midlothian, VA

Hi Mark-

Post over on the DS Forum and I am sure you will receive a lot of suggestions!! Much luck to you!

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

AmandaLP
on 3/1/08 2:25 am - TX
VSG on 12/20/07 with
You can just "ask" for a DS. The DS is a very technical surgery, and many surgeons dont do it.

If you do want a DS, or at least want to look into it, there are three surgeons in England that do it, you can find their information at http://duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html#eng

If you post on the DS board, there are several VBG to DS conversions. The DS is more "distal" than a distal RNY.
FatGirlShrinking.com , my blog :-)
PekinSal
on 3/5/08 6:52 am - UK
Hi Mark UK revision surgeons exist. The best are Mr Ameet Patel in London, Mr Simon Dexter in Leeds, van den Bosche in Southampton and a bloke in Liverpool whose name escapes me...Otherwise if you are self pay and don't mind travelling, there is Dillemans in France, Weiner in Germany and Baltasar in Spain. You might want a second opinion, but there are plenty of posts on the DS forum about the hard choice between RNY and DS. Revisions are 'special' and you need someone really good to do it for you. PM me if you want more info. Sally

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active