No hungar

BJ M.
on 2/28/08 2:24 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
I am 4 weeks out now from my revision rny and have no hungar at all.  Eating or drinking anything at all is a forced effort.  I did not have this problem with my original surgery (staples).  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how long did it last?
Sarah76010
on 2/29/08 1:29 am - Mansfield, TX
No hunger is a problem?
Jennifer M.
on 2/29/08 3:38 am - Casper, WY
What kind of revision did you have? I had Lap-RYN June 2003 and I know I was not hungry for at least 6 months, just had to force the water and protein down.

MaryTeresa
on 2/29/08 12:03 pm - Loveland, OH
I am looking in to the revision RNY. However, for almost a year on my original surgery the hunger level was 0 so as long as you follow Dr's orders I did fine I actually went from 455 to 235 b4 my pregnancies messed everything up. How was the revision anyway who did yours?
BJ M.
on 2/29/08 10:02 pm - Pembroke Pines, FL
I know that saying I have no hungar is a problem sounds funny especially considering how much my hungar has been a problem prior to the revision.  But it is really miserable trying to force this protein into me.   I just dread every swallow.   And I didn't experience the same from my original surgery.  But I am more comfortable to hearing that this is not all that unusual. Dr. Rosenthal did my surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Florida.   Great doctor,  team, nurses, hospital.   I did end up with an infection which put me back in the hospital for another 7 days for antibiotics and I am still on home antibiotics via a PICC line.   But I feel that I have turned the corner and feeling a lot better.  Thanks for everyone's feedback!
Melissa D.
on 3/1/08 10:09 am - West Burlington, IA
I'm only 12 days out and I am having the same problem.  I just have NO hunger, and NO desire to even bother pureeing my meals.  Protien shakes? Ugh... same thing... it's forced.  I know I have to eat to help my pounch heal, but... bleck...   When I do eat, it's ok, not like I get sick or anything, I feel fine, so it's not that I don't wanna eat because I'll get sick...

Mel

skinny_cyndi
on 3/3/08 1:36 am - Mahwah, NJ
My RNY revision was done on 2/27 and I so have the same feeling, but I did with my first surgery too. All of the proteins are just gross but I force myself as well.
skinny_cyndi
on 3/3/08 1:45 am - Mahwah, NJ
mm
Nikkiconner
on 3/6/08 1:57 pm - Azle, TX
I had a rivision on 1/11/08.. And at first there was no hunger.... NOW I am STARVING all of the time... My first surgery, I did not get hungary for 2 yrs.. This scares me,,,,
skinny_cyndi
on 3/7/08 2:25 am - Mahwah, NJ
are you getting enough protein? I would talk to your suregon and  maybe request an upper GI, the risk of complications with revision is much higher than the first time.
Most Active