Anniversary today

Doesn't Matter
on 2/27/08 7:16 am - Indianapolis, IN
Revision on 02/29/12
Well, today has been 7 years since I had open rny and it's so depressing...I started out weighing 249 +, got down to 130 and am now back up to 221.  Basically, I moved after 7 months out and didn't go to any support groups (there weren't any) and then I eventually stopped following all the rules.  I have had an upper GI done and they estimated that my stoma or pouch (I don't know) was around 13 - 14, which means that I have stretched it out. I don't have insurance that will pay for any kind of obesity surgery and I don't have cash, but I want to get a revision done so badly and would make payments.  So, does anybody out there have any advice as to where I can go?  I am living in Arizona.  Thanks for the help!
Deanne K.
on 2/27/08 8:29 am - Tucson, AZ
I think there is a way to get financing for surgeries.  I don't know the details.  Dr. Schlesinger is one of the few Dr.'s that do revisions and he is in Phoenix.
Ruesnod
on 2/27/08 2:08 pm - Pima, AZ
Dr. Steven Simon is in Phoenix and he does lots of revisions.  From what I remember reading in his paperwork, I think they offer a payment plan.  They do a procedure called Stomaphyx and I think it's around $14,000 but don't take my word for it.  Marcia in his office is very helpful and will tell you exactly what your options are.  GOOD LUCK!
pepsi98
on 2/27/08 6:31 pm - Norwich, CT
Go to the website www.carecredit.com. They will finance surgery.
Most Active