Cigna and Exclusion

Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/26/08 2:37 am - Knoxville, TN

I was really disappointed when I found out the Rose Clinical Trial at Mt Sinai was closed.   I had called Cigna and they said that there was an exclusion for bariatric surgery.  So needless to say I was really down... But I decided to call the insurance back and they told me today that if the doc can prove it is a medical neccesity then they will cover it ...Soooooooo I then started looking to see what doc would do revision that is somewhat close to me....and I foound Doctor Weiss in Georgetown KY and he does revisions....so i am going to fill out some paperwork and fax back to them ....Then the lady there mentioned to me that they are also doing the Rose Trial and that i may qualify for it .... but I needed to fill out the paper work and get it back to them ...which I will do tonight at work.  I am scheduled for the EGD n the morning and will go through with it since I may be having the revision after all...

Cheryl

luckymomof4
on 2/26/08 2:44 am
I am one of the candidates for the ROSE procedure in Georgetown, KY you can go to incisonlesssurgery.com and it will show you where all of the areas they will be doing a trial...  Let me know if you have any questions
Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/27/08 6:23 am - Knoxville, TN
Looks like the closest to me is the one in Georgetown KY ...I already have the Upper GI Series and the Upper Endoscopy done ....and in process of getting Colonoscopy ..... have already spoken with the lady there and once i get my info to them via Fax ...will see where it goes from there ....my pouch they said is the size of my fist ...hopefully that is large enough to qualify ....but now I have a Hiatal Hern ia on  my pouc so not sure how that will effect it
Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/27/08 6:24 am - Knoxville, TN
HEHEHE maybe you cna put a good word in for me
Most Active