cottage cheese test?

sweetchef
on 2/25/08 8:37 am - West warwick, RI
Hi all, I am hoping to have a revisison after I have my last baby in 2 months.  I had asked my surgeon about a revision around a year ago and she sent me for an upper GI but then told me everything looked good and I didnt need one (which is a crock because i know how much I can eat and when i feel full etc. )she said it was still very small.  What is this cottage cheese test I read about?  \By the way my surgeon doesnt do them anymore so I will be seeing a large bariatric progarm in boston- i think- I am so confused. When I had this done in 2000, i had no options, I saw the doc she told me what she did and that was that, There are so many different choices now.  ithink I had a RNY- it was open thats for sure!  I was looking to have a lap band because it seems like you have a lot more control over your pouch size.  Any advice would be welcome.  Thanks in advance!
discogal
on 2/26/08 1:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'd go post this on the lap band board too. You'll find lots of support there and we have people who have revised from RNY.
..*.. BEEEEEEEEEE HEALTHY..*..
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/08 8:27 am
The cottage cheese test is when you eat cottage cheese to see how much can fit in your belly at one time until you are full. Start with a 4 oz cup and see how much you can eat, if you fini**** then and can still eat more it may be a sign that your stomach has stretched out.  I did it today and I could only eat 3 oz.
Most Active