revisions

Anita
on 2/24/08 2:21 am
My recommendation is to discuss all options with your doctor and he or she is the best resource to advise you.  My band has been terrific (please ignore my signature line....I haven't figured out how to change it, so the stats are wrong). I've had zero problems and am enjoying life as I have not done in years....is it perfect??? No, but it's damn good and getting better. I am totally unaware of any apparatus inside my body and as long as I eat sensibly (this is a no brainer since I had this surgery to aid me in this quest) I'm comfortable and happy. ...As to not wanting a foreign body inside you.....I guess that person will reject a pacemaker should they need it? my son was wounded during the Gulf War and has a metal rod in his leg...it was either that or they were going to amputate it............enuf said on that one, what about stents for heart conditions.....shall I go on?????  Personally speaking...and I mean PERSONALLY...cause that's what works for ME.......I'd rather have a band than have part of my anatomy removed, stapled, etc.....BUT, that's what works for me....what works for anyone else is wonderful and I applaud their decision to do something to improve their health.......and I wish everyone (including band, rny, ds, etc......ANYONE) would stop bashing each other over what boils down to total nonsense...bull**** and any other term you might care to assign to such childish behavior. I find it very sad that on a support board, there is less support than we find in the "outside" world. I ended a friendship because the person was as unpleasant and difficult as many of the responses I've been seeing here..........in her case it was pure jealousy....here, I just see it as being sad. Peace people!!!!!!!!!!!! It's enough....let's be supportive of each other so we can show the world that wls works and truly is a viable option for anyone suffering with morbid obesity. It's bad enough that the media makes us out to be nutcases and people who take the easy way out with gimmicks............WE NEED TO BAND (pardon the expression) TOGETHER TO LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT (any and all)  WLS WORKS. If anyone wants to flame me, please save your time, I'm not interested in getting into a ******g match...but if you must, then I'll just wish you a pleasant day if you have nothing better to do on a sunny Sunday. Anita

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

darnell239
on 2/24/08 6:50 am - Columbia, SC
Anita, I like your post and you made some valid points regarding the "foreign object" issue.  It all boils down to what procedure is right for the individual.  The lapband is right for some people and for others it is not enough.  Each person must examine themselves and decide which procedure is good for their body!
lovin30s
on 2/25/08 2:02 am - Orlando, FL
I also have federal bcbs, I was banded last year and am trying to get approved for the rny.  Do you know anyone who has done this w/our insurance?  And if they had a hard time? I have only lost 10lbs (lost and regained ....) so I definately want the switch.  The band is just not for me!
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/08 11:25 pm - Brampton, Canada
I am a revision to the lapband from an old VBG and love my band and being below goal.
cherylgirl
on 2/27/08 8:20 am - willow street, PA
Hi I am thinking of this revision also. I had my vbg done in May 2002. I went to 178 from 387 but now im at 230. I need advice.
Cheryl Miller
Most Active