Any thoughts..help...comments?

sweetscarletbegonias
on 2/22/08 7:07 am - Plymouth, IN
I had an RNY in 2004, I lost about 50% of the weight I was supposed to lose and gained almost all of it back, I can eat just the same as I did before the surgery but to avoid gaining all the weight back I am doing my beast not to eat like I could before but I know that if I was the queen of will power I'd never have gotten this obese in the first place. I am trying to get a revision, my primary care Dr's are all for it, I've seen nutrion therapist and Pysc. Dr's and been put on weight lose meds and have documents to prove it. All of my co-morbities are back...high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, depression, back and knee troubles...ect. I am in northern IN and have Managed Health Medicaid....I am thinking of trying for a lap band....If anyone has ANY advice, comments or anything that might be helpful I'd be very appreciative.
Just Valena
on 2/25/08 5:09 am - Nunyabizness
IF you are going to revision, you might consider getting a DS. If I were you I'd check out the people on the Duodenal Swith Forum. There are several people there that are revisioned from RNY. They probably know lots about insurance and other things. Good luck!

MaryTeresa
on 2/27/08 1:41 pm - Loveland, OH
I am in the same boat RNY I was 455 lost to 235 was made to gain weight due t pregnancies now I am 352 same problems as b4 cant seem to get the weight back off . I am on Medicaid and I am meeting with Dr Alexander @ Christ Hospital in Cincinnnati on monday about the revisions I knew a few people who didnot have success with lapband but I know lots who have done well with RNY some of us just need extra help. I was thinking of the Y being moved further down. Hope yours goes well wish me luck.
Most Active