Loosing and gaining same 4lbs

Sarita
on 2/21/08 6:57 pm - Winnie, TX
I had a revison 11-30-07 and have lost 39lbs since but for the 3 weeks I have lost 4lbs and gained back the same 4lbs. I'm watching everything from protien intake to water intake. Can anyone tell me what or how to get process going again?  I know from talking to other people who have had a revision it's slow going. I'm praying I'm not a failure. The VGB in 98 started off great but I gained it back now RNY  I thought  would help me loose again. I'm worried and depressed.
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/08 11:01 pm
I can't promise this will work, but when I notice a plateau with myself, I have a "cheat" day.  I'm normally pretty regimented with my eating so I think my body sort of adjusts and temporarily stops losing.   Don't go crazy, but have foods you don't normally eat...add a few more carbs, try also eating smaller meals more often, like every 3 hours instead of only at traditional mealtimes.  That may do the trick and help jump start your weight loss again.  Good luck!!
JRinAZ
on 2/22/08 6:47 am - Layton, UT
Congrats Sarita on your weight loss!  I'd say that almost 40 pounds in that short amount of time is amazing!!!!  (but then I never count December as a TRUE weight loss month :)...... With plateau's, I've been told to shake it up in some way or another.....the general rule is to increase:  protein, water, exercise and decrease:  carbs, calories, cheese, salt, nuts But...I know that if I have a big old FIBER filled kind of meal with an honest to goodness baked potato (gasp!) and even some sour cream on it, with maybe a giant salad (sprinkle some flax see on there for a nutty flavor and extra fiber)........follow it with a nice long walk and a couple of protein drinks.....it seems like magic for me the next day on the scale.   I'm sure that breaking a plateau is just one of those weird things that everyone has to find a prsonal "right" for!  ......  Mostly, I think we have to just wait it out til our body has to obey Mother Nature AND Science and finally give it up! I hit a plateau a couple of weeks ago with my Revision countdown and then dropped a ton at one weigh-in!  .....Hang in there!  It's going to happen! Let us know what you figure out to do the trick for you!  It might help one of us when a plateau strikes our skinny slide down!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active