weight loss procedure twice

Kathy B.
on 2/24/08 6:32 am - TX
Betsy Thanks so much for the information. I think not matter how far we are out.. we can never have too much information. Thanks for taking time to respond to me..

Smile, it increases your face value.

Divine Lady
on 2/22/08 10:19 pm - Suburb, MI
I never craved sweets until after I had WLS.  I think it is because I can only eat such small meals.  This is how I control my cravings.  I eat many mini meals or snacks during the day (1/2 bag peanuts, 1/2 turkey sandwich with lots of turkey but low carb bread,  1/4 cup mixed vegetables,  1/2 individual bag pistaschios, 2nd-1/2 of my sandwich,etc), in between I water load, 2 - 20 oz cups of water after waiting about 1 hour after eating then, wait at least 1/2 hour after the water to eat something again.  I log my foods so that I keep my net carbs under 60-70 day  and my fat under 50.  Also I stop eating food after 7:30.  I can have a low carb protein shake after 7:30 pm and if I feel super hungry I feel a need to break the rule it cannot be a carb food.  I scramble an egg to eat (I learned that from a diet doctor some time ago to knock the hunger off).  My primary care physician also prescribed topamax to help me to lose my last 30 pounds.  It does help with night time craving.  I have found that controlling the carbs really keeps the cravings at bay.  Next time you want something sweet take your favorite low carb protein shake and make it into a thick frozen treat.  My favorite is a banana split.  1 nearly frozen Chocolate atkins shake, 1 chunk of banana (freeze the rest of the banana in chunks for the next shakes), 1 strawberry and blend.
Divine Lady
"My 3 Rs for success: Remain focused on my goals, Remain committed, Remove Toxins from my life(toxic people, toxic situations, toxic foods)"
Kathy B.
on 2/24/08 6:34 am - TX
Divine Lady,, thanks so much for the ideas... I appreciate them . You have a lot of interesting suggestions. I will try a lot of them.. It sounds like you have a great plan and will continue to have great success...

Smile, it increases your face value.

Divine Lady
on 2/24/08 12:49 pm - Suburb, MI

I really can't take credit for having a great plan.  I feel that since WLS, I have been a work in progress.  The most frustrating part has been the whole trial and error aspect of this whole venture.  What works for one, does not work for another.  I can only offer what has worked for me but you may find that suggestions offered by others works better for you.  I really appreciate this website  because invariably I come across someone whose body chemistry seems to  be similar to mine.  I have been a slow loser from day one but with the help of this website and by reading other books on weight loss I have discovered what it takes for me to lose weight.  Which is the reason I try to stay connected to this website.   My experience may be helpful to that  one person that is struggling with their weight loss the way that I have from day one of my surgery.  I wish you the best on you weight loss journey.

Divine Lady
"My 3 Rs for success: Remain focused on my goals, Remain committed, Remove Toxins from my life(toxic people, toxic situations, toxic foods)"
Most Active