weight loss procedure twice

Kathyvd
on 2/17/08 3:18 pm
I had rny surgury Rny in October 2003 lost 100 lbs. Then stared eating large amounts again. Found ou that my pouch outlet was opened. Sent to another dr who in October 2007 did a enscop repair and made pouch smaller very new procedure and part of study I have only lost 15 lbs in three in a half month. I have to have a scope done again in March. I am real discouraged because I am still 254lbs after two procedures .I want to get under 200 kathy
Betsy C.
on 2/17/08 7:08 pm - Efland, NC
Kathy - What procedure did you have?  Was it RESTORe? Rose? StomaphyX?  Where did you have it done?  If it was a study, are you certain you had the actual procedure?  What is your typical day of eating/drinking since getting back on solid food?  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Kathyvd
on 2/18/08 3:06 am
Betsy it was a endoscopic pouch reduction by Dr. Lee Swanstrom Portland OR. Within my check up after the procedure I was able to eat a full sandwich and he told me to only eat half. I do not drink pop I drink mostly coffee water. I eat cereal with one percent aplle sauce small meat ptatoe veggie every day I may snack on popcorn carrots lots of fruit. What is RESTORe? I do crave sugar and eat some sweets. Thank you for replying Kathy
Betsy C.
on 2/18/08 4:13 am - Efland, NC
How long after your procedure was your check-up (where you were able to eat a whole sandwich)?  I'm not sure what your post-procedure diet consists of, but mine (for the RESTORe procedure which is quite similar to yours) is quite strict.  I don't think a sandwich is recommended for a long time.  In fact, at the point where solid foods are reintroduced, we should be eating dense protein, some veg, no sugar, low carb, etc., just like the original post-WLS diet recommendations. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Kathyvd
on 2/18/08 5:20 am
It was 6 weeks and I should of been able to eat a half of sandwich not a whole. So I now wonder why I can consume that amount originally I only could eat very small portions or get sick.First around .Yes i eat protiens veggies low carb but like my sweets. Its still difficult for me. Kathy
Kathy B.
on 2/23/08 5:32 am - TX

Betsy. thanks so much for sharing with us that are looking for some answers to our scarey situations.

How much weight have you lost after the revision?

How long did it take?

Did you insurance cover this?

If not, how much was it?

Again thanks so much for some answers...

Smile, it increases your face value.

Betsy C.
on 2/24/08 2:46 am - Efland, NC
Kathy - I didn't have a revision.  I'm in a clinical trial for the RESTORe procedure.  It is no longer recruiting patients, but there is another clinical trial for a similar procedure that is enrolling patients.  Go to http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1 Call or email the contact person and ask for the site closest to you.  As for me, my procedure is scheduled for this Thursday.  I will post my status and progress after I have the procedure.  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Betsy C.
on 2/24/08 2:47 am - Efland, NC
Oops - I think some of the URL got cut off.  Here it is: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Betsy C.
on 2/24/08 2:50 am - Efland, NC
ARRGGHHHH!  This isn't working.  It keeps cutting off the rest of the URL. Go to: http://clinicaltrials.gov/  and search for NCT00411489 NCT00411489 (Endoscopic Stomach and Pouch Reduction in Patients With Weight Regain Following Roux-En-Y Bypass Surgery)

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Betsy C.
on 2/18/08 5:36 am - Efland, NC
I know for me if I eat "slider" foods with my dense protein, I can eat more volume than if I just eat the dense protein.  In other words, if I eat only the sandwich fillings (meat/cheese), I fill up faster than if I eat those same fillings between bread.  Does that make sense?  I also have been reading about how people will consume chocolate protein shakes to douse a sweet craving, instead of giving in to the sweets.  You might try that. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Most Active