LAPBAND TO LAP RNY

BAJenkns
on 2/21/08 2:51 am - Yorktown, VA

Hi Michele,

Sorry to hear of all your problems, I too just posted about problems I am having.  My biggest problem is I paid for my lap band out of pocket, and now I want it out, and want something else done.  But my insurance doesn't cover anything.  I am trying to find out if they will cover removal at least of my band since I am having problems.  I can't afford to pay for that surgery out of pocket too now.  It has been just over 2 years (Apr 04)- first 5 months were great - then I had surgery to remove a cyst in my throat and its been bad ever since.  I am over it at this point.  I just want insurance to pay for removal. Jim G - I saw your post/reply and never heard of the DS procedure.  If you have any good links on information on that, I would love to hear more. Good luck Michele,  Beth

vgrimli
on 2/21/08 7:50 am - Browns Valley, MN
I too am experiencing problems.  Some of mine was the fact I am an emotional eater.  My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer last March.  Up to this point I had lost 72 pounds.  I have gained it back.  I also ended up with not being able to get anything to go down, so I was doing complete unfills for a month or two.  Well, needless to say that just let me gain more.  I too am meeting with my doctor on April 1st (hope this won't be a joke on me) to see about doing a RNY.  I have talked to a few people who have gone through that and I think that would be better for me than the band is.  I am just too scared right now to have more put in.  I had to go for an unfill the end of December.  I couldn't even ge****er to go down.  I just hope I can find a good solution for me.

Most Active