Introduction & First Questions

Kristal F.
on 2/15/08 6:18 pm, edited 2/15/08 6:20 pm - Asheville, NC
Hello everyone! Ok I am coming out of lurkville USA and saying Hi for the first time. I am Kristal and I had a Lap. RNY a little over 4 years ago...wow it sure does not seem that long ago, LOL Anyways, where I am...well I lost a little over 200 pounds. My starting weight was 420, I got as low ONCE to 209..so that was, for like a DAY, a total of 211 lost....well....then I got back to about 225-230 and stayed there for over two years. Then I met MR. Right and he loves to eat out...and now I average about 245, depending on the time of the month, LOL  I have seen so many post-op friends gain 50, 60, even as much as 80 pounds back, I have only gained back 25-30...which really in the grand sceam of things of pretty darn good maintance....however................... I never once got to that Healthy weight i needed to get to...my BMI to this day as never been below 40 and I still more than qulaify for WLS...sorta frustrating. I still am a fat person, and it is hard to party down with the skinny post op groups and still be the big girl in her size 18/20 jeans... So...anyone else have Empire BC/BS???  I have a new insurance coverage and I am READY to start making appointments. I have been reading and reading trying to decide what I think may be my problem, and I think its my BIG OLE STOMA!!! I never stay full..i can get full Fast, but then want to eat again in 60-90 minutes...so i know I am packing way too many calories a day, thus causing me to start packing some weight, and certainly not loose! Any all feed back wil be so greatly appreciated! You all seem like a fairly good group! I look forward to chatting with you more! Love and Hugs! Kristal Lap RNY 1-14-2004 pre-op/current/goal 420/245/175
ice-cream
on 2/15/08 6:55 pm
kristal you just told my story.  starting wt 390, loss about 175, got down to about 190, have packed on about 30 or 40 lbs.  i had my surgery in 2003.  i had a scope done about 2 weeks ago and it was determined my stoma is enlarge and i'am a candidate for the stomaphyx  procedure.  i have medicare and at this time most insurance from my understanding don't have a code for this procedure.  some people have been involved in trial study but  i don't know how that work so just keep researching and i will to and if you come up with anything e-mail me or post it on this site.
Kristal F.
on 2/16/08 2:25 pm - Asheville, NC
thanks for the input...I think at this point the best beat we all have is to keep reading and doing whatever reasearch we can and coming here to share what we have learned! Again I really apprciate the input, and I will post here with anything new or interesting I find out. Good luck to you and everyone here that are still strivng and not giving up on the journey to health! Kristal
Most Active