HI everybody having revision on 2/27

skinny_cyndi
on 2/15/08 4:26 am - Mahwah, NJ
Well I'm having a revision to my original RNY that was done in 99. I have regained about 50 pounds and have been having vomiting problems and was hospitalized for 5 days due to intususception of the intestine and an abnormal anatmy from my original surgery. So sitting at home waiting to get cut open, which I have been informed may not be done succesfully laproscopically, so may need to be open. I've been eating baby food since January and can't wait to get this done. Just looking for some poeple to talk with and maybe some support. I of course got into old habits and now am up to 195 again. Started at 350. How quick has anyone lost weight after a revision? I ordered the Bariatric Advantage vitamins, any other suggestions? What about what prottein shakes taste the best? Thanks for any help.
Strawberry2
on 2/15/08 7:04 am
I am on the road of "revision" so I dont have any answers - I just wanted to say Hi to a fellow Jerzy girl and wish you lots of luck - my favorite protein shake is isopure in GNC dutch coco or even vanilla and i just add anythinfg to it - be creative - Jo
mjc123
on 2/15/08 10:04 am - Midlothian, VA
Congrats on your surgery!! I haven't tried it but everyone raves about Champions Banana Scream...I just ordered some myself. I use to drink Nectar protein-Fuzzy Navel. It was pretty light and didn't make me too full. I always recommend ordering samples from Vitalady.

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

S Andrews
on 2/15/08 2:07 pm - eatonville, WA
Jay Robb has great protein shakes and bars. He doesn't use any artifiacial sweetners but uses stevia instead so they taste better- especially if you are sensitive to  artificial sweetners. You can go online to JayRobb.com Good luck on your revision
pepsi98
on 2/15/08 9:26 pm - Norwich, CT
Sharon, did you go to your MD and talk about stomaphyx?
S Andrews
on 2/16/08 12:13 am - eatonville, WA
No, that day turned into a nightmare for us- Our help for my FIL quit ( my husband had even taken the day off so we could go) then my FIL had cut his leg pretty bad on Valentines night so we ended up having to take him to the Dr the next day to get him on some antibiotics so I am going to reschedule for this coming week hopefully. My Dr was out of town so would have had to have seen another Dr anyway. It was all just very bizarre. This will work better. How are you feeling and is the restriciton working for you? Have you lost much weight since you had it done? Its so new you don't here much about it yet. Please keep me informed onhow its going for you.Your in my htoughts. Sharon
SophieGrace
on 2/17/08 4:43 am - IL
Cyndi: I just had my open revision done on 2/6/08.  I'm just starting to feel human today and have had a problem with my suture line, but all is now going well. To be honest, you will probable have to be open.  My doctor was going to start mine lap and then might have to revert to open....... I said, "Is it at least a 50% chance you'll have to revert to open?"  He said, "Oh, it's greater than 50%."  I said, "Do it open." When I got home from the hospital on Monday, I hadn't lost a single pound.  This floored me, because I'd even had my "old" stomach removed.........  People told me to be patient, and now it seems I've lost about 10 pounds. There is way to predict how fast you will lose the weight.  I might only lose 20-30 pounds and then stall, since my metabolism is different than it was ten years ago (I had my original surgery in 1997).  I'm just going to do everything right nutritionally, get lots of exercise, keep up with the water, and leave the rest to God.   Good luck to you.

SophieGrace 

Ryan Richey
on 2/21/08 8:14 am, edited 2/21/08 8:15 am - Little Rock, AR
Hi Cyndi, I had my GB revision on 2/4.  I hear the weight loss is very slow, which I did not know when I decided to have surgery. I hope I can lose as much the second time around. PR PS: I'm Ryan's Mom...He had surgery on 12/17 and is doing great!
MaryTeresa
on 2/29/08 12:28 pm - Loveland, OH
I like Carb Solutions Strawberry or Chocolate made with Fate free milk. It is the lowest carbs I could find tastes great and is loaded with protein and other vitamins. Good luck.
Most Active