REVISION FROM RNY PROXIMAL TO DISTAL MALABSORPTION QUESTION??

sopralto
on 2/16/08 3:56 pm - WA
I will have to say I believe I wasted my money on Stomaphyx and was embarrassed to come on the boards and admit it. It might have helped a little, hard to tell. I went to Brazil and had a more malabsorptive procedure and this worked best for me. I had the bowel revision to DS. I have been able to eat anything and lose 70 additional pounds. I mean really eat anything. If I limited my carbs more, I probably would lose more. I just had a lower body lift where the PS removed 18lbs from my hips, butt and abdomen and am down100lbs now--still have swelling going on. I have found after this procedure, my appetite is much less and I feel hopeful that if I limit what I eat and lose weight I can look more normal. All that loose skin just seemed to make me feel like I could never be close to a normal shape so why try. I wish I was a better role model. I exercise daily and fiercely and diet poorly. So your revision needs to be based on you particular needs, strengths and weaknesses.
S Andrews
on 2/17/08 12:03 pm - eatonville, WA
Thanks so much for sharing- these are the things we need to hear to help us all make informed decisions. i know I need to do something  and like you have been so embarrassed to post things on this board because of the weight regain. Joyce has been very open and honest about her revision and I greatly appreciate her thoughts. Sue has also been very open about her stomaphyx which is something I am looking at also. I just want to make sure I make the right decison so everything you all contribute helps the rest of us make informed decisions. So thanks  so much for sharing with us. Sharon
Most Active