had revision and i'm a mess

ebony_teaches
on 2/13/08 10:34 am - Baker, LA
I don't even know where to begin. I had a revision from lap band to rny on December 17, 2007.  Today is February 13, 2008 and I'm not even down 30lbs and i'm close to my 2months post op date.  I was told that revision patients lose slower than rny patients who've had the procedure for the first time.  I feel like I can eat alot or at least more than I should.  I don't have problems with food.  Nothing makes me sick except extreme sweets. I don't know if I have the will power to do this. This is again, a reminder that wls is a tool.  I've eaten the forbidden and i've even had alcohol. I feel like a complete failure at this. I want to cry after reading the posts of others who have had rny and have to have a revision from rny.  I panic and fear that that will be me a couple of years from now.  God help me. This is so hard. People have no idea how hard this is.  This is like deja vue for me.  I only lost 20lbs the first year  with my lap band and that was it.  I've had rny and I can't get past the 20lb mark and it's been almost 2 months.  I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

Ebony_Teaches

highest life time weight 330lbs///  lowest life time weight without surgery 217lbs
weight pre band 292lbs ///  lowest weight with band 232lbs
pre op weight w/ gastric bypass 252lbs
current weight with RNY 195lbs

"Everything is possible for him who believes."   
Mark 9:23

JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 10:54 am

Ebony,

Take a deep breath!!   You are right... These procedures are just a tool.  Keep reminding yourself that it's not about beating the system (the procedure) or seeing what you can get by with.

When I had my RNY...   I did not lose a lot of weight my first two months( 18 lbs) and I felt the same way..  It is proven that revisional patients do not lose as fast.  Average is 2 lbs a week.  This is not a bad thing because it has to be better on the body not to lose so fast.  However, within a year I had lost 100 lbs.   Now I'm looking in to revisional surgery as I have stretched my pouch.  What ever you do... Stay away from carbonated drinks!! Unlike you, I could not eat anything I wanted and everything did make me sick.  Have you discussed this with your doctor.  I do feel you should be having more restriction in the stomach... Just my opinion. Hang in there and I will send a prayer up for you. 

smittygirl
on 2/13/08 6:01 pm - Bridgeport, CT

Ebony, ask your Dr. about this and if he has no other answer for you, demand that he orders you an upper GI. This should help in finding out the size of your stoma and/or pouch and maybe tell why your food is obviously passing through so quickly. I've heard others say skip the UGI and ask for the endoscopy but it's probably too soon after your surgery for that. You could also try the 5dpt to see if you have any restriction at all. That's probably where I would start even before asking the Dr. for the UGI. STOP EXPERIMENTING with the sweets. It will get you into trouble. When I got my rny done I thought I was so hungry, but I just wanted to taste everything so I used to put anything I wanted in my mouth, chew it up and spit it out. After a while I stopped spitting it out. Now here I am 27 lbs gained for EXPERIMENTING. Silly, right?

JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 9:29 pm
Ebony,  How are you feeling this morning ?  Did you call your Dr?   Has the fever gone? Just checking up on you...  Happy Valentines day
Beachbumm
on 2/13/08 9:52 pm - Someplace, LA
Hey, we are neighbors!  I'm from Baton Rouge! Look, I know you feel bad but remember you are NOT alone and you can always come here for help.  I am so sorry that you are feeling bad but remember you are special and you can only do one day at a time.  I had RNY in 2002, I did lose weight but I had a TON of complications.  Now, my weight is on it's way back up.  I feel like a failure because there is nothing left for me as far as losing weight goes.  I had WLS so now what?  I just have to try to do my best and that is all I can do. I hope you feel better.  Let me know how you are doing. Lorri
Betsy C.
on 2/14/08 1:20 am - Efland, NC
There are numerous posts on this forum and the WLS Grads forum about the 5 Day Pouch Test - many have found new-found success getting back on track with that plan.  Go to http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html And if you have questions, just search both forums for information.  There have been a gazillion posts on it. Good luck! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

SophieGrace
on 2/14/08 10:39 am - IL
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I'm eight days post-op from my revision and I haven't even lost 5 pounds.  That includes the amount I lost on the liquid diet.  Although I asked my surgeon to bypass more intestine, he didn't because there were so many other things to repair he was afraid it would be too much for me to handle.  So now I'm thinking I went through all this for nothing.  Oh, and now I appear to have an infection under my incision and I've got to go to see a new surgeon since I can't get to NYC to see mine.  Something's not right because I'm having a lot of tightness and pain, and last night a whole lot of fluid started leaking and freaked my boyfriend out.  Hopefully I've caught it in time.  But I'm saying prayers to my health angels to see me through.  I don't know what else to do. Believe me, I understand how you feel.  But it's one day at a time, and you are losing weight.   Take a moment to say a prayer and trust God to see you through.  And keep in touch -- I want to know how you're doing. (((HUGS))))

SophieGrace 

LovelyLinn53
on 2/19/08 6:22 pm - Valley Stream, NY
Dear Sophie I recently viisited Dr Herron and I will be having a revision. I wanted to know your feelings about the revision how your doing what the hospital was like etc Can you write me please? I sure hope your feeling better. God Bless you I also have fistulas
ebony_teaches
on 2/14/08 11:50 am - Baker, LA
Thank you so much SophieGrace!  I'm praying for  you in regards to your health and healing.  I'll try to up date my blog regularly.  You take care.

Ebony_Teaches

highest life time weight 330lbs///  lowest life time weight without surgery 217lbs
weight pre band 292lbs ///  lowest weight with band 232lbs
pre op weight w/ gastric bypass 252lbs
current weight with RNY 195lbs

"Everything is possible for him who believes."   
Mark 9:23

JULIANA NAHMIAS
on 2/15/08 2:31 am - BEIT ZAYIT, Israel

HI EBONY I SSOOOOOO MUCH FEEL FOR YOU I UNDERSTAND YOU.I MYSELF AM A TEACHER IN 1ST AND 2ND GRADES IN ISRAEL,I WAS BANDED 2 AND A HALF YEARS AGO, LOST  AND GAINED A LOT I STARTED MY WLS AT 250 AND LAST YEAR I REACHED 196 THEN GAINED TILL 233 AND NOW I WEIGHT 209 ALL THIS WITH FILLS IN AND OUT.3 MONTHS AGO I DECIDED WITH MY SURGEON THAT THE BEST THING FOR ME WILL BE REVISION TO RNY SO ON THE 14TH OF APRIL I WILL HAVE MY REVISION WLS.I WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU LUCK AND TO TELL YOU TO HANG ON AND BE PATIENT AND I ALSO WANT TO ASK YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CORRESPOND WITH ME THROUGH MY E-MAILS: [email protected]  or [email protected]  OR SOMETIMES WILL BE BETTER TO ENTER THE CHAT ROOM. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWER OR SOMETHING IF YOU WI****HINK OUR ONLY DIFFERENCE IS OUR RELIGION BUT THIS SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM.IT ISNT FOR ME ANYWAY. MY BEST KISSES,JULIANA NAHMIAS FROM THE HOLY LAND

Most Active