Can you have an RNY over and RNY

MsKarisma
on 2/11/08 2:12 am - Detroit, MI
I am just curious. I found out that I am pregnant and I am concerned about gaining the weight back. Can they go in and readjust your pouch or do you have to have another procedure?
Zee Starrlite
on 2/11/08 4:43 am
Relax any enjoy your amazing pregnancy.  You don't have to gain a ton of weight when you are pregnant.  In all the Pregnancy books it says that you just need to tack 300 extra calories to your normal diet per day for baby.  300 calories could be 3 glasses of skim milk (yogurt is a yummy idea too!).  You can walk alot and exercise.  Just be good to yourself - you don't need another procedure. God Bless, Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

AphY Girl
on 2/11/08 6:24 am
Check out this forum... the women are GREAT! http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/
classite
on 2/11/08 7:56 am - Battle Ground, WA

There are some revision surgeries out there to adjust the stoma/pouch.  Also, you can have the RNY made more distal. 

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/08 11:01 pm - IN
I had RNY in 99 and had a revision last January to fix the RNY.So yes you can. I had gained 90 lbs. However it is more dangerous..i was sick all of last year and almost died twice...of course i went to Mexico to have mine and that is one decision i will regret the rest of my life...Good Luck on your pg..Val
Most Active