Stomaphyx day 4

pepsi98
on 2/5/08 9:23 am - Norwich, CT
Well, I'm doing well...I had a soft boiled egg for dinner and am amazed that I was full afterward!!  I am now watching my husband eat a very large veal chop and find myself sad that I cannot have it too.  I'm trying very hard to make sure that I monitor my feelings simply because that is what has made me fat to begin with.  I have to keep in mind continually that I DO NOT want to ruin this.  This is my opportunity to achieve the success I want so badly.  I'm almost afraid to start eating regular food for fear that I will overeat. 
S Andrews
on 2/5/08 2:49 pm - eatonville, WA
The head thing is so tough! Hang in there- your doing great. In a month you'll be seeing such great results and you'll be well on your way to where you want to be. We're all behind you,  cheering for your success. Hope your feeling better today than yesterday . Your in my thoughts and prayers
pepsi98
on 2/5/08 6:21 pm - Norwich, CT
Thank you so much Sharon...I really appreciate the fact that there are so many *****ally DO understand where I'm coming from.  That head hunger is brutal at times.
Betsy C.
on 2/5/08 9:40 pm - Efland, NC
You're doing the right thing, monitoring your feelings around the desire to eat.  That's a major downfall for most of us.  I know of many people who have been successful many years out from WLS primarily because they are always cognizant of, and even journal daily, their feelings associated with eating.  You're doing really well.   I look forward to your daily postings. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

M M
on 2/6/08 4:25 am
Hello. Where did you have your Stomaphyx done, in Boston?
pepsi98
on 2/6/08 5:23 am - Norwich, CT
Yes, I had Stomaphyx done last Friday by Dr. Shikora.  I think there must be something going around because I really haven't felt great all week--headache, muscle aches.  I'm still eating liquids--pudding, soup etc.
M M
on 2/6/08 6:56 am
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that they were doing the Stomaphyx at NEMC. Hang in there.
pepsi98
on 2/6/08 6:27 pm - Norwich, CT
Yeah...Dr. Shikora did 2 of us last Friday.  I have a post-op appointment coming up tomorrow so I'll see how I'm doing.  I see Dr. Tarnoff did your surgery...are you having some regain?
M M
on 2/7/08 2:20 am
Sure enough. I regained 55 lbs whilst pregnant in 2006, I've lost most of it, but I'm "stuck" now - at my average weight for the last three years.  I'm dealing with some serious long term complications of the RNY, so I don't know if tightening it up right now is in the picture, but I do want to know all about the experience to share - and maybe for the future.
Pam K.
on 2/6/08 5:52 am - Aurora, IL
Hang in there, you are still going thru "withdrawal" from food.  I am anxious to meet with my MD next week to discuss the possibility of me doing this procedure.  I'm not sure if I have the mental toughness that I need to be successful.  Just get thru the day, do something nice for yourself, hot bubble bath... it always helps me.  It is so easy to obsess about my weight and food, any distraction helps.  Stay tough!!!! 
Most Active