how much did u gain?

kittyasuka
on 2/5/08 4:24 am - LA, CA
I had my open RNY a few weeks befor my 18th b-day ( im 23 now) i was 434 and got down to 250 than 2 years ago i got a hernia very painful i still have it. its painful enough that i cant work letalone work out i eat healthy food eat junk food maybe once a monthbut lets face it WLS is only a tool and in the past 2 years and unable to work out i have gained 100lbs. befor the hernia i was always at the gym i would do cardio for an hr and weights for 30 min than back to cardio for 30 min i would do this m-f . and I would give anything to have my egg size stomach back but im not sure if i would qualify for a revision. I have been trying for 2 years to get it fixed and seen many drs. The sad thing is they dont want to fix it unless i lose weight. so any ways am  i the only one here that has gained half the weight they lost back. how much did u gain befor your revision. and how long were you out of your wls  befor they did the revision.
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/08 10:12 am - TX
I regained 130 lbs, which is another reason I chose the DS for my revison.  I never wanted to chance that I would regain like that again in my life!
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 8:26 am - Brampton, Canada
I had my first weight loss surgery VBG back in 1987, and went from 260 lbs. down to 113 lbs.  My staples separated by 1991, but I was still able to keep the weight off by dieting till 1996, during my bedrest pregnancy and it was uphill from there.  By April 2006, I had a revision to Lapband which was the right decision for me.  I was 251 lbs. the day of surgery and in 20 months had lost 100% pf my excess weight and was down to goal of 126 lbs.  I still get to eat sweets and lots of other stuff I enjoy and am satisfied with a smaller portion.  Presently I am below goal and I feel great.  Best wishes if you do get a revision and research all your options.
leslieanne729
on 2/7/08 8:38 pm
I gained over 100lbs back was just revised to the DS in October. Its so much better then my old RNY no dumping and I can eat anything. I;ve lost over 50 lbs in 3 months.

Just a quick note to inform newbie’s searching for info on Revision surgeries....have you looked into DS?  It's an option overlooked by many.  Go to the DS forum on OH and ask questions....we have quite a few revised to DS from other WLS

Come To The Dark Side We Have Cookies !!!!

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
kittyasuka
on 2/9/08 4:41 am - LA, CA
do you have a link about that surgery thanx =) [email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/08 8:12 pm - TX
On February 9, 2008 at 12:41 PM Pacific Time, kittyasuka wrote:
do you have a link about that surgery thanx =) [email protected]

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/cmsID,10264/mode,conten t/a,cms/

and make sure to check out the DS here:

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

kittyasuka
on 2/10/08 12:28 am - LA, CA
Can you get a DS as a revision surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/08 1:47 am - TX
Yes you can.  However, the # of surgeons who do the DS are much less than RNY surgeons and of those there are only a handful who I would trust to do a revision from RNY to DS.  I was fortunate in that I had Dr. Husted and Dr. R. Rabkin (now retired), so I had two of the really big top guns.  Dr. Husted still is in practice in SF and has done a lot of revisions from RNY to DS.  Come over to the DS forum and learn how living with the DS is really like.
Most Active