??revison

nicole1026
on 2/5/08 7:09 am - sayreville, NJ
does any one know any doctors who take cigna hmo in new jersey?     im looking into a revison.. i had my surgery in april 2006 and i was 240 i went down to 183 and im already at 205 i want a revision i never had restriction from the first surgery i had to strictly weigh out and monitor my food.. i really want a revison can some one please give me some guidance,.  i had my original surgery with dr mehta but i cant afford his $ 5,000 just to touch u fee again..
ginau
on 2/5/08 8:16 am - mesa, AZ
Nicole  You might want to start by calling your ins comp and see what their criteria is ???  and then  ask if they have a listing of bariatric Dr's - From the research I have been doing - a lot want to put a lap band on and thats it , So you need to ask yourself what you want ?  more intestine removed - more mal absorptive  or a band for restriction ??  Also make sure to read Dr Scxhlesingers post here on the revision board, He is one  of a handful of Dr who does a true revision.
grandsonx2
on 2/7/08 1:15 am - TN

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW WHICH DOCTORS WILL PUT A BAND OVER AN RNY, I LIVE NEAR NASHVILLE, AND SO FAR THERE IS NO ONE  CLOSE BY, I AM LOOKING AT 2 DOCTORS OUT OF STATE, DR SCHUMACHER IN OHIO AND DR FIELDING IN NEW YORK, IT JUST SCARES ME TO GO TO NEW YORK, I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE, I HEAR HE IS REALLY GOOD, BUT I AM NOT SURE I COULD FIND MY WAY AROUND WITHOUT GETTING LOST. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY IN OTHER STATES THAT MY BE EASIER TO GET AROUND?                   THANKS

~~Sami~~ *.
on 2/8/08 4:56 am - Jacksonville, FL
I've been to Dr. Fielding's office in NY.  It's very easy to get to. You might want to try Dr. Gagner who is now in Miami. :)  Also Dr. Elrainy in VA.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Tamera E.
on 3/2/08 2:57 am - Mesquite, TX

Hi, Nicole- I have seen many references to Dr Schlesinger's posts and can't seem to pick up the tread leading to them- he sounds like someone who's advise would be good to follow--

Can you help me?

Thanks, Tamera

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/08 10:08 am - TX
You also might want to look into a revision to a DS, which you rarely if ever, see anyone posting about here on the revision boards. 
nicole1026
on 2/5/08 10:38 am - sayreville, NJ
i am currently waiting for my insurace cards because i swithced insurance carriers  thank u for the prompt  advice.  thank you very much.. i will be making plenty of phone calls and keep checking the boards
leslieanne729
on 2/7/08 8:32 pm

Just a quick note to inform newbie’s searching for info on Revision surgeries....have you looked into DS?  It's an option overlooked by many.  Go to the DS forum on OH and ask questions....we have quite a few revised to DS from other WLS

Come To The Dark Side We Have Cookies !!!!

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
nicole1026
on 2/8/08 6:17 am - sayreville, NJ

i have a question will i be eligible for the ds being im 5'7 200 lbs.. i had the surgery my start weight was 230 so with wls i only lost 30 pounds

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/08 8:19 pm - TX
That depends on your insurance, your comorbids and whether or not you have mechanical failure, (stoma enlargement or staple line disruption)
Most Active