lullaby help ?

NueBelieve
on 2/4/08 2:34 am, edited 2/6/08 11:49 am - PA
Hi! Well I just started week 3 and I am still having a problem. The problem is ummm going to the bathroom. Im having such a hard time. I have added Fiber to my diet which consist of all soft foods. I am eating all kinds of soft fish...eggs.....soups....shakes....chicken {in the can}. So far I do feel restricted {crossing fingers I did have the prodecure}. Any suggestions to losen things up a bit?  Hows your weight lose going btw? You feeling good? Also after your procedure....when was the first time you went back to see the doctor? 2 weeks? Thanks for your help! Diane  :)
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/08 2:56 am
Hi Diane- Constipation is a big problem the first few weeks.  My coordinator told me to take a tablespoon of milk of magnesia as needed.  Not too much longer after that you should have..um...results lol.   Adding a stool softener (pill form) to your regimen of vitamins was also suggested.  For me, I used the MOM as it produced quicker results.  It wasn't unusual for me to go 3 days without a BM.  Heck, I still don't go every day even now.   I've lost 44 pounds (ticker not updated yet).  I'm feeling great!  We had a superbowl party last night and I ate a few things I shouldn't have (cheesecake..yikes), but I'm back on track today with my meals and water and everything.  I've had small "cheats" a few times but I was able to get in the routine again immediately.  My first appt was 2 weeks, then 6 weeks, 3 months and the last one is 6 months.
Gayle C.
on 2/4/08 8:29 am - Loveland, OH
Hello lullaby, I'm also in the Cleveland Clinic study, I go back this Friday for my 11 day post-op. Your doing great with your weight loss, Congratulations! Your posts are so motivational please keep them coming Gayle, Cincinnati
lyne R.
on 2/4/08 5:44 am - windsor, Canada
I also had a problem with constipation since week 2 .i'm 3 months out and i finally have a routine morning bm my doc proscibed SENOKOT last week  you can also find it over the counter 1 pill before bed and your good  .Ever since i started the pills the weight is coming off alot faster and i don't feel bloated anymore it's an actual relief.Let me tell ya i tried everything ....prunes ,prune juice fiber chewable pills, fiber foods and nothing worked so i got fed up and went to see my doc  .i'm now down 51lbs since surgery saw the Doc 2 weeks out 6 weeks out and 3 months out which is this thursday I wish yo luck i hope you find a solution to your problem .
Gayle C.
on 2/4/08 8:27 am - Loveland, OH
Great job on the weight loss!  Gayle, cincinnati
NueBelieve
on 2/4/08 8:08 am - PA
WOW U ladies are doing fantastic...keep up the good work!  I went to the drug store today and picked up some Ducolax.....I hope it works lol. I should have  had my 2 week appointment on Friday but the doctor hasn't called me. I called him Wednesday and again today but nothing. Its making me wonder with all this talk about ReStore cancelling its Trials if thats the resaon hes not calling. Oh well I will call everyday until he calls me back. Thanks for all the replies again Ladies! :)
Gayle C.
on 2/4/08 8:25 am - Loveland, OH
Hello NueBelieve,     I had my procedure on 1/28/08 at cleveland clinis and Ialso go back this Friday. The doctor at cleveland told me to take 30ml Milk of Mag every day for a while, so after 5 days of not taking I toke it and all good now. Where is your study site?   Gayle, cincinnati
NueBelieve
on 2/4/08 10:57 am - PA

My Trial Study Site is Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia with Dr. Larry Miller. I had my procedure 1/18 and so far so good. I just hope he returns my call so I can go for my checkup just to make sure all is ok with the study. :) Diane

Most Active