Weight Loss After Revision

Binxalways
on 2/3/08 5:06 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Hello everyone!  I was wondering how much weight you lost after you had your revision?  Especially if you were revised from a proximal RNY to a distal RNY. Thanks a bunch!! 
Shawnta H.
on 2/3/08 5:49 am - Ellicott City, MD
Hello Elizabeth, I had a proximal to distal revision on 12/26/07 and I have lost 26lbs.  The weight loss is slower than it was when I had my initial RNY but it is steady.  I am very happy that i had my revision and I'm thankful for this second chance  at a healthy life.  There are a few other ladies that have had this same procedure I'm sure they will chime in with their experiences as well. Good Luck S
SophieGrace
on 2/3/08 8:29 am - IL
Shawnta, good for you!! A question -- did you regain all your weight after your RNY, thus you had your revision? I am having revision surgery on Wednesday, 2/6 (yikes!) because of staple-line disruption and some other things like a hiatal hernia and a partial fistula.  I'm asking my surgeon tomorrow if he will do additional bypass so that I may lose the weight and keep it off.  My family history of staying thin past the age of 50 is about zero.  LOL Anyway, I know that the weight loss is slower after revision, but it sounds as if you are doing great!  Congratulations.

SophieGrace 

davinalynnrn
on 2/18/08 9:54 am - Fairfax, VA
I just had revision for a pouch-stomach fistula and 2 internal hernias that have caused me severe nausea and vomiting almost daily for close to a year.  My weight had been stable at my goal of 170 for almost 3 years.  I have actually lost weight over the last couple of months from the vomiting and not eating.  The surgeon ended up making my pouch smaller, removing my remnant stomach and fixing my hernias.  I am feeling a lot better since surgery.  I hope your surgery went well.
lyne R.
on 2/3/08 8:33 am - windsor, Canada
Hi Elizabeth I had my surgery on nov 7th and i'm down 51lbs since surgery i had a vbg done 10 years ago so i have no clue what he revised me maybe i should ask when i see him on thursdaylol I know i got so lucky getting this revision cause ohip denied me the first time  after trying 2 years i finally got accepted the second time around and thank God everyday for this second chance i'm not screwing it up this time.
Sarita
on 2/4/08 8:50 pm - Winnie, TX
Hi, had a revision Nov 30 from a 10 year ago VGB to a RNY.  I've lost only 31lbs in 11 weeks but that ok. I've stuck to protien and water and low carbs. I also lost 20lbs before surgery to have surgery. Revisions aren't easy and I have learned you don't loose as fast as you do the first time.  I'm just thankful to be able to loose weight  again.  I wish you luck and don't giveup
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
Jean Hitchcock
on 2/5/08 11:08 am - Dayton, TX
I had RNY in October 1981.  I went from 232 to 158 and throughout the years up to 329.  I had a revision on 12-7-07 and now weigh 292.  Everyone is different, but we all can say it was, is, or will be worth it.
leslieanne729
on 2/7/08 8:40 pm

Just a quick note to inform newbie’s searching for info on Revision surgeries....have you looked into DS?  It's an option overlooked by many.  Go to the DS forum on OH and ask questions....we have quite a few revised to DS from other WLS

Come To The Dark Side We Have Cookies !!!!

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
JRinAZ
on 2/8/08 12:52 am - Layton, UT
Congratulations on your 50 pound loss and on finding a surgery that you love!  .....Just wondering though after seeing 4 or 5 of your posts looking exactly the same if you're getting some type of reward for recruiting DS'ers to the DS Forum?  ......  I've been on the DS forum twice...I was run off once cuz I suggested other surgeries "as well as the DS" (I tucked my tale and ran fast!)  .......  the other time I asked for help and had a few very kind replies and a few very ugly ones....again chasing me off cuz I was revised to Distal/extended Rny and NOT DS!  I was asking there about help with diarrhea and gas which is a common BIG problem with both DS'ers and extended Rny's (we have the same lower plumbing). My other concern is your signature line?  It seems that you are saying that DS'ers can eat ANYTHING they want and still lose weight and that even COOKIES will not slow down the ultimate race to goal weight?  ....  Am I wrong with my research?  It says that fats and proteins are malabsorped but that sugar, carbs and alochols are sucked right into the system.  I think hanging out on the GRADUATE forum gives a bit of a better perspective to what can happen long range with any of the surgeries.  You are still a newbie at your revision (as am I) and you should be enjoying continued success for quite some time.  But......do you really think cookies are going to "keep" you at your goal?  It's a fantasy of mine to indeed be on a "cookie/brownie" diet someday but.......then I wake-up :) Not trying to diss you.....or any DS'er, or anyone else for that matter.  I just think the Revision Forum is a place people resort to when the chips are really low and we are all grasping for some type of miracle.  I think all Revision types should be checked into.........as well as the DS.....but for me, having myself "rerouted" once again .....from Rny to DS.....invited more risks than my body may have been able to deal with. (per 3 docs advice) Good luck to you with the rest of your journey...... Joyce in AZ -30 lbs since 12/26/07 with an Rny Revision to Distal (extended Rny)
leslieanne729
on 2/10/08 10:44 am
Whats your problem !........I dont get paid..I was trying to let people know there are options out there....I stopped reading you post after the 3rd line...Do you know that JACKA$$ means ..I can see why you were RUN OFF ......Please BLOCK ME !!!!
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
Most Active