Stomaphyx...day 2

pepsi98
on 2/2/08 8:09 am - Norwich, CT

Well I had the stomaphyx yesterday...don't feel any restriction, but as Lullaby writes, she didn't have any restriction either with liquids.  I am very afraid to start eating again because I really don't think, for me, that it matters TOO much simply because I'm trying to work on my head .  Of course it will be interesting to see what my limit is, but I'm trying to quiet that down in my head simply because when I'm comfortable, it's time to stop....PERIOD!!!! I have had very little pain...just some soreness right after the procedure which went away after they gave me some pain medication, and it's totally gone today.  I did have a sore throat and laryngitis, but even that is getting much better.  I went to a full liquid diet right away and I'm eating mostly soup that has no "stuff" in it.  Campbells makes a pea soup that is totally smooth so I had that for the first time today for lunch. Breakfast:   protein shake and sipping a lot of water (you need more water when you increase your protein). Lunch: 1/3 (approximately) of fhe can which I reconstituted with about 1/2 can water. Snack:  approximately 1/2 cup of sugar and fat free jello pudding. Supper: I will have 8 oz (looked it up in my book which is what I should have done earlier!!) of black bean soup. Snack:  If I have one it will probably be a sugar free, fat free fudgical. I was talking to my son today and I asked him if they made any protein powder that I could add to soup and pudding to increase the protein and lo and behold they do.  I asked him a lot of Nutrition because he is in college and wants to be a dietician (YIPPEE!)  So I added it to the soup as well as to the pudding. I've been craving chewing, but Lullaby said that it will probably take a week before I get used to it.  I'm going to try very hard to continue with this as long as I can, adding on a little amount of real food when I get the ok. So far...so good! Just wanted to let you all know how I'm doing!!   Sue "I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me."

Most Active