New clinical study that sutures both pouch & stoma

Betsy C.
on 1/31/08 4:02 am - Efland, NC
I posted about this study previously, but  here’s some additional information about the clinical study Endoscopic Stomach and Pouch Reduction in Patients With Weight Regain Following Roux-En-Y Bypass Surgery.  Go to:  http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/locn/NCT00411489?term=nct 00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reducti on+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass +Surgery&rank=1 and click on Full View (so you can see the Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria).  It appears they suture BOTH the pouch and stoma.  But check out the exclusion criteria – BMI of 40 or greater (35 with co-morbidities); stoma diameter at least 20 mm; is a candidate for a surgical revision procedure; NO previous bariatric revision procedure, to name a few.  Initially I thought the only sites were in MA, NYC, and OR, but I emailed the contact person, and she said there are other sites, the closest to me being in Charlotte, NC. So there must be many more sites than those listed on the protocol.  For those who have regained significant weight, or lost weight but their BMI is still 40 or greater, this may be the ticket for you.  But only if you have not had any other revision procedure.  Check it out and post your thoughts.

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

RiverQueen
on 1/31/08 7:20 am - IA
Thanks for the info ...........I will email them........the sites you mentioned the first time where too far from me, but if they have other sites that aren't listed........I just might check into that
katchal
on 1/31/08 10:25 am - Goodview, VA
Hi Betsy, I am very interested in this.  I actually looked at this one before but it was so far to NY.  I am not sure I would qualify for this one either but I just contacted them.  Thanks Kathy
babybee6
on 1/31/08 10:48 am - Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Betsy! I also looked at the information and felt like it was too far away. And then you mentioned that there were other locations so I sent out an e-mail this afternoon thinking, what have I got to lose? Later today I received an e-mail telling me that they are doing some about 20 minutes from me!!!!! So this evening I sent an e-mail to that coordinator and now I'm waiting. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow. It seems like these study people get back with you very quickly. I realized today that you are on the same yahoo revision group that I belong to. Thanks again. Brenda
RiverQueen
on 1/31/08 9:10 pm - IA
They were super quick getting back to you weren't they   I emailed the coordinator closest to me too, and now I am waiting to hear back from them.  The closest to me is a 6 hour drive......but I am willing to do that without a doubt.  Hopefully we both hear back soon!  Best of luck! 
babybee6
on 2/5/08 11:44 am - Cincinnati, OH
Have you heard any more about the ROSE study? There is one 20 minutes from me and tomorrow I have to call and have some forms faxed to me so that I can set up an EGD to see if I qualify. My insurance should cover this and if I am a candidate, and choose to go through with it, it will cost $1000 and then everything else is covered. The RESTORe study had everything covered after the EGD was billed to insurance but considering I am 4 hours away, about 5 trips up there and 4 of them involving hotel stays, $1000 isn't bad. These new procedures seem like the answer if you don't want your guts rearranged again. Worth looking into at least and I'd like to have the EGD to see what's going on.
RiverQueen
on 2/7/08 3:22 am - IA
The coordinator said she would let me know this week..........I haven't heard from her as of yet....but she said they already had a huge list.........so who knows.  I am not getting my hopes up for sure!  Thanks for thinking about me.  Keep me informed on how your doing.........I wish you the best :)
Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/5/08 7:40 am - Knoxville, TN
Which revison group do you belong to in yahoo seems like there are quite a few... Cheryl
Betsy C.
on 1/31/08 7:02 pm - Efland, NC
Kathy & Brenda - I hope the new study works out for both of you.  I wish we could get a comprehensive list of sites, but the contact person will only tell you what site is closest to you.   You may as well check it out before paying for a revision or StomaphyX.  Please post what you find out along the way. Good luck! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

babybee6
on 1/31/08 9:57 pm - Cincinnati, OH
From what little information I've been able to gather from various internet sources and here, I think there might be some cost involved. I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Most Active