Lap over RNY

poppink
on 2/1/08 3:26 am - owensboro, KY
Hello, Doctor Jeffery Allen in louisville Kentucky will do the band over the rny I found out .Good Luck!
grandsonx2
on 2/1/08 4:06 am - TN
Thanks poppink, By any chance have you talked to their office ? I did call that office and the person answering the phone was very rude, I could not believe it, I  will give them a call one more time,    Thanks again
grandsonx2
on 2/1/08 7:27 am - TN
Poppink, I called dr Allens office again today, ( and this time was very nice, but I talked to someone else) but was told he will only to lapband over rny on the patients that he did gastric bypass on. not someone elses pt.    were  you one of his pt before ?    Thanks for trying to help me, good luck with yours
LizMoore
on 2/1/08 6:43 am - San Diego, CA

Grand,,call Baptist or Centennial's weight loss surgery center in Nashviile

grandsonx2
on 2/1/08 7:17 am - TN
Thanks liz, but I have called both of them and I was told that none of their docs do the band over gastric bypass, have you heard anything different ?   please let me know   
melati
on 2/2/08 1:36 am - Miami, FL

Lap band over bypass may be the only remotely permanent fix to a stretched RNY pouch. Repairing a stretched RNY pouch involves more cutting and stapling and the fixed pouch can still be stretched out again. When a banded pouch stetches, an unfill will usually fix the damage.  I encourage you to contact some of the band over bypass pts on this board and not let someone who has never been banded talk you out of a fairly sound procedure.

Most Active