Lap over RNY

poppink
on 1/30/08 4:03 am - owensboro, KY
How do you find a Doctor that will do a band over a RNY? And around kentucky Area or state close.
bradshaw0506
on 1/30/08 11:25 am - Chicago, IL
Never in a million years would I consider this.
smittygirl
on 1/30/08 1:54 pm - Bridgeport, CT
Why not? My surgeon this is great.
bradshaw0506
on 1/31/08 12:05 am - Chicago, IL
A lap band is a temporary fix, like a band-aid over a permanent problem.  I went to a surgeon here in Chicago who people from across the country flock to and he said band over RNY for me but when I started doing more research I found that I needed a permanent fix.  I needed something that would cure my diabetes and all of my other co-morbs for the rest of my life.  If you read my profile you will see which way I decided to go. The surgery I've decided on is risky, but for me necessary.  I do have to travel to get what I want because you can't just go to any surgeon.  Be carefull with your choices. Try visiting the Duodenal Switch message board and ask about having a revision, you'll get tons of answers.
LizMoore
on 1/31/08 12:45 am - San Diego, CA
I had LapBand in 2004 and on Feb 18th I will be having it removed as I have had alot of problems with it and on goin dr visits,,so they are taking it out and plans are to do RNY,,unless there is too much damage from having to cut away the adheaision,,if the stomach and the pocu area has been damaged by the band I will have the gastric sleeve If YOU can diet and stay on a diet,,this is what u have to do with the band,,out of 8 people I know that have had the band only 2 have been sucessful I dont know any doc that would recommend the band over the sleeve look at your eating habit and do more research and go from there
M. G
on 1/31/08 11:37 am - VA
Hi, I'm considering the lapband over the RNY.  If you don't mind me asking, did you follow the post op plan as far as staying away from the problem foods and not overeating?  I'm considering the band simply because it doesn't seem to be as extreme as the other procedure and has a lower complication rate.  Thanks for any info you can give to help me decide.
Sarita
on 1/31/08 2:22 pm - Winnie, TX
Hi, I had a revision Nov 30, VGB to RNY. I went to Dr Robert Davis of  BIG MEDICINE on TLC TV. HE AND HIS SON GARTH  are the best. At the seminar DR Robert davis said to the audience "After you have the lap and it fails , You will come see me and be fixed."  Now I don't know about you but when a Dr. says that it gets my attention.  Please what ever you do. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.  REVISIONS ARE NOT SOMETHING THAT IS ALWAYS EASY BUT CAN BE VERY COMPLICATED.  GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
poppink
on 1/31/08 10:09 pm - owensboro, KY
Thank you, You sound like such a nice person. I really will research everything. I went to see Doctor Jeffery Allen yesterday and he is going to do a up GI and than a scope on the 14th, so maybe he will find out what is going on. Have a great day and Thank you so much.
melati
on 2/2/08 1:48 am - Miami, FL
I saw the episode you were in; however, VBG is an obsolete precursor to the Lap Band--totally different procedure.
grandsonx2
on 2/1/08 2:04 am - TN

I also am looking for a physician that will do a band over rny, the only one I found close, is dr curry in ohio, but he is not in anyones network, so it would cost me quite a bit up front, I am around Nashville,tn, so please if anyone out there, know of a surgeon in tennessee that does this, or If not some other state not to far away, please please tell me who it is and where they are located      thank you so much

Most Active