REVISION, REVISION, REVISION?????

JROLFSON
on 1/29/08 4:45 am - St. George, UT
I CURRENTLY SEEK TO REVISE A 17 YEAR OLD RNY GASTRIC BYPASS...I HAVE READ AND READ AND READ ON THIS SUBJECT. IT SEEM THE CHOICES ARE AS FOLLOWS; STOMAPHYX- NON-INVASIVE BAND OVER RNY-INVASIVE (SO I'M TOLD IN MY CASE DUE TO SCAR TISSUE) RNY PROXIMAL TO DISTAL-INVASIVE (NOT SURE ON THIS ONE) RNY TO DS-INVASIVE (DANGEROUS AND SCARY) DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OTHER PROCEDURES I CAN RESEARCH.  AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD RNY PROXIMAL TO DISTAL REVISIONS, COULD YOU PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS. I AM AGONIZING ON WHAT TO DO, I KNOW IT HAS TO HAPPEN SOON AS I AM BLOWING UP BIGGER THAN A HOT AIR BALOON, WITH NO WHERE TO GO BUT EXPLODE! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL POSTINGS JANIE ROLFSON
pepsi98
on 1/30/08 7:43 am - Norwich, CT
I will be posting as much as I can...I will be having the Stomaphyx procedure on Friday.  I fully intend to follow all the rules and I'm trying to gear myself up that on Friday, my life starts again...I will be given a new opportunity to do it the right way this time.  I realize that this is an experimental procedure, but I also realize that no matter what, it will be a help for me and I pray that I will succeed one day at a time. Sue
dagrenz
on 1/30/08 11:40 am

I AM ALSO TRYIN TO GET THE STOMAPHYX DONE HOWEVER DID YOUR INSURANCE COVER IT OR GIVE U ANY PROBLEMS ?

pepsi98
on 2/3/08 2:11 am - Norwich, CT
No, insurance does not cover stomaphyx because it is experimental.  I had it done on Friday and had to set up an account with carecredit.com.  I really am at a loss, and it really is too early to know any results as of yet because I'm only eating protein shakes, water, sugar free and fat free instant pudding and cream soups that I add extra protein to.  I don't know why I feel this way, but I believe with all my heart that I will succeed!!!
dagrenz
on 2/3/08 6:00 am
Wishing you all the best and u will succeed. Where did u have it done at ?I have an appt at  John Hopkins on 02/25 I hope it worth the ride from ny. Was it expensive ? A doc in ny that does stomaphyx charges $9000 but didnt have any financing. Something will work out Im praying on it.
pepsi98
on 2/3/08 6:51 am - Norwich, CT
I had it done at Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston.  I am looking at this maybe a little differently than some do.  1.)  I know something was done and I am very afraid of any malfunction, so I am being very careful.  2.)  I also KNOW that  since I paid for it, I DO NOT want to throw my money down the toilet, so I will be consistant and work WITH it, and not sit back (like I did with the original surgery) and watch it work for me.  I really think I get it this time...no bites, licks or tastes.  This is a tool, not a cure and I am going to be an active participant.  This attitude is how I finally will achieve success and get my body in control.
~~Sami~~ *.
on 1/30/08 12:05 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Janie: If I was you, I think I would consider either the RNY Proximal to Distal or the DS.  Why? There's just not the data out there that StompahyX works.  Lap-Bands have their own issues--and the five year failure rates are not good.  So, I would consider the invasive surgical options...as scary as that is. Talk to the people on the DS board.  Your fears may be unfounded.  Vitalady has a distal-RNY, and has lived with it for some time, so she may be a good source too. Good luck :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active