Considering revision - RNY(2001) to Lap Band?

Zena Romy
on 6/22/08 5:58 am - Canada
Hi Katarina H, Thank you for posting. I, too, had a gastric bypass in 2000 and lost 130 lbs.  I have now regained 40 (and counting!) and, like you, have decided to get a lap band. Please can you keep me posted on your journey.  I feel like I am the only one out there in this situation, so I was very glad to read about you! Where are you at now?  Will you go for the lap band?  I am scheduled for Aug. 6th. Thanks, Zena
Zena Romy
on 6/22/08 9:15 am - Canada
Post Date: 6/22/08 12:58 pm
Hi Katarina H, Thank you for posting. I, too, had a gastric bypass in 2000 and lost 130 lbs.  I have now regained 40 (and counting!) and, like you, have decided to get a lap band. Please can you keep me posted on your journey.  I feel like I am the only one out there in this situation, so I was very glad to read about you! Where are you at now?  Will you go for the lap band?  I am scheduled for Aug. 6th. Thanks, Zena
enstephs
on 12/9/08 2:35 am - Nebo, KY
I had RNY in 2001 and I'm gaining and I love what you did.  Would you please give me more details like where at in Mexico, who did it, and how much?  Please help me!
stephanie
katia1973
on 2/2/08 10:15 am
Lap Band on 01/25/08 with
I had my original gastic bypass 10yrs ago and just went into have the lap band revision (i'm a week out) however once the docs got in there they were unable to place the band around my pouch (something to do with the way my pouch and small intestine were) they sutured my pouch smaller than what is has gone to in 10 yrs.  not sure what I had is called since i'm meeting with my doc next week for the first time.  I feel great and I am getting in about the same about of food as the lap band so we'll see how it goes...
Zena Romy
on 6/22/08 9:17 am - Canada
Hi Cindy, I, too, had an RNY (2000) and lost 130 lbs.  i did well for a couple of years and then the weight slowly crept back on.  I am now up 40 lbs (and gaining) and am also considering a lap band. Were you able to connect with anybody from your post?  I, too, would love to talk to somebody who has had a lap band after an RNY. What did you decide to do?  I have a lap band scheduled for Aug 6th. Take care and good luck, Zena
Spacely StarKiller
on 8/4/08 5:07 am - Montreal, Canada
I didn't even know that this is a possibility, I have hope now! :) 

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Most Active