RESTORe

Baltimore Babe
on 1/28/08 11:14 pm - MD
Good morning Betsy, Glad to hear that things will stay on track for you and your upcoming procedure. This :Pouch and Stoma study interests me - but do you know just how the stoma diameter is measured? Thanks, Laura
Betsy C.
on 1/28/08 11:22 pm - Efland, NC
No I don't, but there is a name and phone number you could call.  I bet you could get the answer from that person.  If you find out, please post it here. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

mipo1
on 1/28/08 11:58 pm - Lowell, MA
The stoma and the pouch are measured during the endoscopy procedure.  I just qualified for the RESTORE  trial in Boston yesterday. I believe she told me the mimimum stoma size has to be 20mm, I don't recall what the pouch size requirements are.  I agree with the previous poster though if you call the coordinators they will tell you up front.  My RESTORE procedure is 3/4/08 my stoma was 40mm, she said the largest they have ever seen.  No wonder I was gaining back!!  
Betsy C.
on 1/29/08 12:29 am - Efland, NC
Congratulations for qualifying.  Hmmm, I'm surprised to hear they are still recruiting.  Many people have reported that the study is closed.  It may be that the Boston site hadn't reached its limit of participants yet.  Please keep posting so we can follow your progress. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

mipo1
on 1/29/08 3:59 am - Lowell, MA
This study WAS closed,   I got lucky and 4 people dropped out and they were scrambling to get 4 last minute people.  I was called late Friday to come in on Monday for the  upper endoscopy.  I was just lucky I was able to be this flexible.  The stoma was 40mm and the pouch fine so this is exactly the correction I need.  The coordinator said 40mm is the largest stoma she has seen.
Betsy C.
on 1/29/08 4:03 am - Efland, NC
You are so fortunate to have gotten into the study.  So do you think it was an enrollment cap issue, or is there some other reason the study is closed?

Lap RNY 5/7/03

mipo1
on 1/29/08 4:43 am - Lowell, MA
Oh it's an enrollment cap issue.  The coordinator said they had to fill 4 slots, not that they were opening up the enrollment  
Betsy C.
on 2/1/08 2:15 am - Efland, NC
By the way, we've started a new Yahoo Group for RESTORe study participants.  Go to http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/restore_trial/join and join the group.  Hope you will join us! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Betsy C.
on 1/29/08 7:16 am - Efland, NC
Still no call from the study coordinator.  It's so frustrating - ARGGHHHHH!

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Most Active