RESTORe

Baltimore Babe
on 1/28/08 5:12 am - MD

tsy,

I work over on the west side of Baltimore County, which isn't too far from Wegmans!  I swear my girlfriend lives in there!!!! 

So let me know when you are due back  and let me know if you stay over in the area.

Laura

Betsy C.
on 1/28/08 5:30 am - Efland, NC
Laura - Assuming I'm still getting the procedure, I will probably fly up and back the same day for the baseline (the appointment that is scheduled within 7 days of the procedure).  Then my husband and I will drive up for the procedure and stay with friends in Annapolis.  Once I have a date, I will see what we can work out to meet.  We used to live in Odenton 10 years ago, and I worked at at law firm at One South Street, just up from the Inner Harbor, so I'm very familiar with the area.  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

pepsi98
on 1/28/08 4:52 am - Norwich, CT
I just checked on the clinicaltrials.gov website and there was no mention of the trials stopping.  It said it was still recruiting, but it could be that the website has not been updated.
Baltimore Babe
on 1/28/08 5:10 am - MD
Sorry, but I get the impression that you don't believe what I posted about the study.  But if you would like, I can give you the Coordinator's name and number and you can ask her to repeat what I posted this morning.
Betsy C.
on 1/28/08 5:32 am - Efland, NC
I just sent her an email asking what all this talk is about closing the study, and what it means for my situation.  I haven't heard back from her.  I think she starts her day early, and leaves early.  Hopefully I'll hear something soon. 

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

RiverQueen
on 1/28/08 6:35 am - IA
I posted the same thing in a different thread.  The nurse cordinator I talked to (in WI) told me that they were imporving the tool, or where going to try a different one or something like that.  She said that there was to be a big teleconference this morning and they would all get details then.  It could all start back up again when this new tool is available (she didn't know when it would be, maybe a couple months or so).  She said she would keep all my info and get back in touch with me.  But for right now, only the people with a scheduled date were going to get the procedure, everyone else where cancelled (in WI anyways).  What a sad day for a lot of us. 
pepsi98
on 1/28/08 5:32 am - Norwich, CT
Oh My!!! You completely misunderstood my post!!!  I'm sorry for any offence, I'm not even involved with those studies, I just went to the website to see what they said and found that the site probably hasn't been updated.  I was trying to be helpful...sorry for any misunderstanding
nannetteb
on 1/28/08 9:47 am - Fort Worth, TX
I spoke with my Restore coordinator here in Dallas, TX, because my sister was scheduled for her initial appointment on today and it was cancelled. The coordinator here said the study was closed to further enrollment, but since I'd signed my consent form, had my blood work and my endoscopy, I was good to go. I had no idea it was closed nationwide. I'm still waiting on a final yes, that I was accepted. My endoscopy was to be sent off on Friday to get a thumbs up, and I should hear something Wed or Thurs. I sure hope it's a positive answer. Whatever answer I get, this weight is coming off in '08.  My new slogan....Loose weight in '08...ok...I promise it's the cough syrup I just took. I'm trying to ward off a sore throat and cough...lol Be Blessed, Nannette
babybee6
on 1/28/08 10:17 am - Cincinnati, OH
Oh no, you guys!!!!! I haven't heard anything yet but I'm scheduled to start my tests next Thursday. I would like to believe that it's not true but it sounds like it is. I will wait for my call ): I was even trying to lose a few pounds to make sure my  BMI wouldn't be over 50. Of course it's not going so well since I am HUNGRY all the time!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board. I can get a revision making my limb longer but my Dr. won't do anything to my stomach. I've been putting this off for over a year. I need restriction. )':
LaurenK
on 1/28/08 10:24 am - New York, NY
I too was shut out of the now-closed Restore Study. Spoke to the coordinator today at Lenox Hill in NYC and she said the study was closed and she even had to call a bunch of people and tell them to cancel their scheduled tests. Sad, but true. The coordinator said new studies could be coming in the future, but there was no immediate suggestions she could provide.
Most Active