BCBS IL PPO - Getting Approved for a Revision??

Binxalways
on 1/27/08 8:41 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Hi there!  I have BCBS IL PPO through my husband's insurance (He works for IBEW Local 134) and I was wondering if anyone has been approved through them for a revision?  Was it difficult?  What types of revision surgeries are covered?  Any info would be great!!  Thanks a bunch!! 
Kamillion
on 1/29/08 12:22 am - Morrow, GA
I just got my approval from BCBS IL PPO and it was a year process. They gave me the run around over and over again, my doctor had to keep sending them paper work that they already had, it was very frustrating I had to have a 6 month supervised diet with my doctor but I finally got approved after an my third appeal which was done by an independant company, so now my surgery is scheduled for March 5th and I can't wait.  My husband works for Nicor Gas and his insurance didn't offer any other options for weight loss management.  I hope that you can get approved and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.  God Bless!  Kamillion
Binxalways
on 1/29/08 11:33 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Ohmigosh...a year???  Uggh!  Other than the 6 month supervised diet, what else did BCBS require?  Did you have a "mechanical failure" that you were getting fixed?  I am almost 6 years post-op lap rny...The day I went in for surgery I weighed 244, I got down to 162, and now I am back up to 236.  I feel as though something is wrong with my pouch, and that I possibly have an ulcer.  My Dr's appt isn't until 2/7 with the surgeon that I am hoping to have the revision with, so hopefully I will find out more then.  For my original surgery I had different insurance and it was performed in California.  Do you know if that makes a difference?  Who is your surgeon in Illinois?  Major congratulations on your revision date!!  I wish you the VERY best!  I hope to hear back from you!  Thanks for responding!!! Sincerely, Elizabeth
paula22624
on 2/7/08 12:45 am - VA

My husbands company just switched to BCBS IL PPO on 1/1/2008.  I have an appointment this afternoon to discuss a revision from a VBG done on 1993.  I hate to hear that you have had such a hard time. Was your surgery a revision?  What type of surgery are you having? Thanks for the info.  I was hoping I would not have a hard time with th is Good Luck, Paula

Most Active