Restore trial - BMI under 30

Supergirl1976
on 1/27/08 7:46 am
Ok. I read the clinical trial info, and emailed them anyway. My BMI is under 30, for sure, and I doubt I could get it up to 30 (nor would i want to!) before my appointment if I tried.  They know how much I weighed originally (240+), my lowest weight (125) and my current weight (155).  I'm scheduled for all my tests and evals, including EGD, in early February. Would they bother with all that, knowing my BMI is <30, if they wouldn't consider me anyway? I don't want to waste my time and go through all that for nothing.  What do you all think?
classite
on 1/27/08 2:37 pm - Battle Ground, WA
I wouldn't think they would go to all the trouble if they knew, I would probably call and tell them about your BMI and make sure you would even qualify if you passed all the testing.   It is my understanding that the clinical trials have very rigid criteria and they can not deviate from them.  On the other hand if it isn't costing you anything and you want to spend the time doing all of the testing then go for it.  I would just hate to see you get your hopes up and have them shattered. Good luck, Cheryl
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Betsy C.
on 1/27/08 9:32 pm - Efland, NC
Cheryl - my BMI is right at 30, so the doc and dietician both told me NOT to lose any weight before I go back for my baseline visit or I will be disqualified.  I'm tempted to wear ankle weights for that weigh-in just in case   :-o

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/08 8:20 pm
Your initial EGD they will bill to your insurance company.  Even if you do not qualify based on your BMI it would still be worth it to find out if your stoma is enlarged or if there is problem with your pouch! 
kittyasuka
on 2/5/08 5:19 am - LA, CA
what page was the trial at do you know of any other trials?

Most Active