RESTORe

BetterNetta B.
on 1/26/08 9:31 am
Please tell me more or how I can get more information about this RESTORe study.  This is my first time on this forum. I am two years out from lap RNY and getting scared. I have noticed that my appetite has increased dramatically; and all I do is snack. It's like I'm ready to eat every hour on the hour.  I recently had surgery to remove excessive skin and lost 10lbs from that surgery, but then I turned around and gained that back in 8 wks. So now I am researching about revisions.
happy girl
on 1/26/08 1:29 pm
There are plenty of posts about it if you read the posts about the restore trials, and the information can be found on the website www.clinicaltrials.gov and search under Bard or Davol - they are the manufacturer of the instrument used for the procedure.   You will find the study infomation you are looking for

good luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Betsy C.
on 1/26/08 10:09 pm - Efland, NC
An exclusion criteria for the study is your BMI must be at least 30, but less than 50, so if you haven't gained a certain amount of weight to put your BMI at 30, you wouldn't qualify.  Just something to consider... Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

lizzythompson
on 1/26/08 11:20 pm - Denton, TX
I am sorry to relay that a person I know who lives here in North Texas has had her RESTORe appointment canceled because the study is supposedly closed. I haven't had my initial Endoscopy yet, that is scheduled for Feb 12. Needless to say I am waiting for the phone call telling me not to bother also. I guess I will call Laurie on Monday to find out What is going on, but as far as I know the only leg of the trial in Texas is at Baylor Dallas hosted by the research department.
BetterNetta B.
on 1/27/08 5:22 am
After posting this message, I kept going back and reading further post and found the website for the clinical trial. I am not quite at 30 BMI, but if I don't get control of me cravings, it will not be soon before I am there. Thanks to all for the information; its good to know that there are other options.
Most Active