??'s re: revisions?

Carrie665
on 1/27/08 12:26 am - magnolia, DE

Hello!  I could be in your shoes as well.  I am 8 months out and am hitting a brick wall.  I excercise and havent eaten anything "bad" I do have a vitamin d defficiency and battle constipation.  Any one else does that sound familiar?  I need to loose another 25 pounds.  I didnt have any trouble with the surgery. Never vomited although some things got a little stuck, like chicken and tuna, but I never lost appitite either.  I was on a clear liquid diet after my surgery for 2 weeks and thought I would die! the liquid diet after that was a dream!  I can see where mindless eating would be a factor for me, even with good for you foods.  Maybe with not excercising in the begining for me slowed my slow metabolism down to nothing so everything I eat my body is saving now.  Hope that the excercise now will boost it........... Here's hoping cause I cant afford another surgery! Carrie

Jennifer S.
on 1/27/08 5:21 am - Scranton, PA

Hi Carrie! Good luck with your 25 pounds... and please, learn from me and others like me, its a tool and you can screw it up. I had the full feeling for a while after my surgery. I think my over eatting now is in my head... I am a mindless eatter, I got the Book Mindless Eatting but haven't bothered to pick it up yet. Sometimes I eat to the point where I do vomit, and I am not even eatting because I am hungry.... This is a big mental thing I am going through, and I am on meds for that, but thats another topic I guess  Anyways, good luck with the exercise and 25 lbs

pepsi98
on 1/27/08 6:15 am - Norwich, CT
Boy oh boy can I relate to that!!!  Mindless eating...NOT physical hunger.  I just cannot seem to put a stop to it and it's making me crazy! Sue
Carrie665
on 1/27/08 9:35 pm - magnolia, DE
Hi! Mindless eating really is a factor isnt it?  Its our old behaviors coming back to haunt us.  I really thought that for me it was substituting for cigarettes.  My surgeon wouldnt operate on me unless I quite smoking.  I quit and it was the hardest thing to do......now I think somtimes that I should start up again to keep the oral fixation going..........You know something to stick in your mouth that doesnt have a calorie.......If that isnt a sick thought I dont know what is!  I know that geting over my cigarette addiction was and is difficult, but I know that the urges pass and we must keep busy...Idle hands you know....I did buy some life savers (the sugar free low carb kind) wintergreen and i can pop one of those and  roll it around my mouth and it stops the urge long enough that you can get a grip.  Its also like brushing your teeth..........you dont want to eat anything for a while.  I have a huge fear of vomiting and that keeps me from doing too much food.  I have figured out that soups and salads go through the pouch fast.  I am going to try to eat more solid proteins.  i also have a problem going as slow as we are supposed to eating. Did you or anyone else have this vitamin D problem?  What are you taking? Remember that everyday is a new day and a new start! Carrie
jojocantw8
on 1/28/08 5:24 am - Wethersfield, CT
Hey Jennifer,,, I, too, stopped losing less than a year after my RNY. Didn't even come close to where I wanted to be. My lowest was 209lbs and I still had a good 50-60lbs to go to make me happy. Then it happened...the scale started moving up. I was able to eat MUCH more without feeling the restriction.I regained over 50lbs.  I went to my surgeon and discussed a revision. It was pretty much hell from the beginning. My insurance company denied me, I was having serious issues with my surgeon's non-competent staff at that time, and it was an emotional roller coaster. When I was finally approved for the revision in March of 2004, I ended up with a major infection that nearly killed me and kept me out of work (and out of pay) for nearly 2 months. Since the date of my revision to today, I have lost an additional 30 pounds from the weight I regained. SO NOT WORTH IT!!!! I am still about 100lbs from my personal goal. At this point, I also don't know what to do. I have considered looking into having the band placed, but don't know if it's even possible after a revision. All I can suggest is first, if you're not already, get back on the protein shakes and limit the carbs (especially the breads, chips, etc.) Also, get back on the water and SUPPLEMENT, SUPPLEMENT, SUPPLEMENT.  I have a really good "diet" and nutrional supplement schedule for Gastric Bypassers to get back on track, so if you're interested, just email me. It's not easy, so be forewarned, but it's what we "should" be doing. Best of luck to everyone! Joanne
Jennifer S.
on 1/28/08 7:13 am - Scranton, PA
Hi Joanne! I am sorry you had so many problems... makes me scared to even think of going through the pro-op and post-op thing again.... I would be interested in seeing what you have if you wouldn't mind emailing me. My email is [email protected]. I think everything went to hell when I gave up on the thought of doing low carb and I never really got into the protein drinks, although I did try. FYI, today I had the Special K Protein water mix in the iced tea flavor and it was yummy! And only 30 calories and 5g of protein, and let me tell ya, it held me from breakfast until lunch... Ugh damn carbs.... they are the culprit of my problems!! Thanks! Jennifer PS-I have some before and after pics on MySpace if anyone wants to see, but ya need to add me as a friend... my URL is myspace.com/curvilicious79...Sorry I had to make my page private!!
Torrie
on 1/29/08 1:49 pm
Would you mind sending me the "diet" and nutritional supp schedule for GB's? I need to get back on track too. Thanks. Torrie
pepsi98
on 1/30/08 5:47 am - Norwich, CT
I also would love to receive the diet that you have. Could you email me?? Thanks so much! [email protected]
smittygirl
on 1/30/08 2:56 pm - Bridgeport, CT
Hi Joanne, can you please send me the diet and supplement schedule for GPers. I desparately need to get back on track. Thanks. [email protected].
Monique H.
on 1/31/08 12:50 am
Would you mind emailing it to me too? [email protected]
Most Active