RESTORe Update-3 Months

lizzythompson
on 1/26/08 11:48 pm - Denton, TX
I will have my initial Endo in Feb 12th @ Baylor Dallas.  I have also been to a consultation appoint ment with a local WLS surgeon that I do not care for. I wanted to keep all my options open, and was told this guy was the best. He is suppose to be so hard to get in to see that when they called me with the appointment, I hadn't even had the bloodwork for the study done yet. I didn't dare say no to his appt date. In my oppinion he is an ass, not just because he said a lot of crap that I didn't want to hear, but his attitude was argumentative and after he said that revisons don't work. and he refused to do them any more. He wants to do Stomaphyx or a band on me. (if  don't finally qualify for the study). He said he would put in 20 or so pleats or whatever they call the fasteners. I just don't like him. Really struck me as a RedNeck. He seemed to come in with a chip on his shoulder be cause  wasn't on of his original patents. My surgeon has retired and doesn't operate..only consults. There is another local surgeon I want to talk to if the study falls through, but after him, I will need suggestions on where to go next.

tobethinner
on 4/8/08 11:17 am - VA

Can you please share any new information?  I have been accepted for the Rose Procedure and I am trying to get all the facts to share with my husband.  Want to make sure that the risks are minimal.... When you say study some people get nervous..I am desperately seeking any more information.

Stay on track this is forever....

Most Active