Lap Band Removal

nickiejaclyn
on 1/23/08 8:02 am
Hello all, I just got mine done and not having any regrets but people keep on asking me about getting it removed.  Has anyone had problems with it and gotten it completely removed and not had another surgery after that? Or has most people had it removed and another WLS after? Just wondering this is one of my weird questions that pop into my mind haha
JimoraLee
on 1/23/08 11:58 am - Forest Hill, TX
Hello! I had my lapband removed, and did the gastric bypass. I personally got tired of having my stomach cramp in the area where the band was, I assume scar tissue was my issue. I am much happier with my gastric bypass.
j. lynn
on 1/23/08 2:07 pm - NE
I had mine removed due to erosion.  Feel free to read my profile. I'm 18 months post-op (from removal which was 18 months after it was installed).  I'm now looking at getting the DS.
Brittwoman
on 1/24/08 11:27 am - West Babylon, NY
Feel free to read my profile I did LOVE my band for awhile, but the little sucker turned on me and I had a revision to RNY and couldn't be more happy
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

Born Swimmer
on 1/25/08 1:11 pm - Sunny, FL
Hi honey... I am getting my band out soon.  They don't know why I am having problems but things started after a horrendous obstruction episode.  I was obstructed for 3 days, vomiting all the time, but for days before that I was vomiting a lot and getting down a little.  I had a cold that progressively tightened me.  So... if you run into the same situation, don't wait it out or try to push through it.  If you get suddenly obstructed and it lasts for a while, get an unfill.  I should have but thought it would pass when the cold stopped.  It didn't.  Things have not been the same since.  When my band worked I lost 145 pounds in the first 11 months.  I went from 352 to 208.  I was an exercise junkie as well... so take that into account! Good luck sweetie!  Dont' get hung up on the negatives or bad experiences.  Just be aware that things 'can' go wrong and be alert and try not to be in denial if something happens.  I blamed everything else on my trouble with fills and vomiting... for 6 months.  Then I stopped that and accepted that nothing else can cause those problems.  So... out with my band an onward with my sleeve!

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

PekinSal
on 1/29/08 7:23 am - UK

Hi People kept asking me if it was 'forever' when I had it put in as well. I think its just curiosity - not something like a hip replacement that people expect to stay there for good! I would usually answer that it was there as long as there was food in the world! In fact I've had it taken out, but only because I was rubbish at following the rules and need something stronger to keep me on track. Hope it works out for you Sally

Most Active