do revisions loose slower

Sarita
on 1/21/08 3:12 pm - Winnie, TX
Hey, I was told that revisions loose slower than nubies. Has anyone esle been told this?  I had mine done on Nove 30, the revison from Hell. and I've lost 28 lbs. from surgery weight. I'm doing all I'm suppose to except the excise thing. Just now getting my strength back.  Just want to know if anyone esle has been slow too.
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
lyne R.
on 1/21/08 10:42 pm - windsor, Canada
I had a revision done on nov 7th and i've only lost 43lbs i'm so frustrated i've only lost 2lbs so far this month i get all my water in and i do 1 hr of cardio everyday so ya i'm getting pissed to the point i want to grab my scale and throw it out the window lol if it wouldn't be for this surgery and just a regular diet i would've gave up by now but yes i did hear that us ppl with revisions do lose the weight slower,so how was your surgery performed? did you have open or lap? did you have alot of pain afterwards? i'm still having a burning sensation till this day i can't wait for it to be gone it hurts like hell when i cough or sneeze i know one thing for sure i'm following everything by the book this time no sweets or fats getting by these lips loli'm not going thru this again! well get back  Lyne
smittygirl
on 1/22/08 1:34 am - Bridgeport, CT
I think you're both doing great. You had your surgeries done in Nov. This is just Jan. 2 months. If it is going a little slower, at least it's GOING! What kind of revision surgery did you get and did you use the same surgeon as the first time? Most important, how did you get your insurance company to agree? Shana.
Sarita
on 1/22/08 3:51 pm - Winnie, TX
I had a VGB done in 98 lost 60 lbs and gained back 89. When I went to see Dr Davis of Big Medicine  on the TLC network of Houston, Tx. He tried to do my RNY lap but I had so much scar tissue on all my organs that it turned out to be a biger surgery than we had planned. I'm lucky to be here. No, my insurance didn't pay for it and it cost my husband and I over 30 thousand  cash up front to have it done.  Dr said I would have had to have had surgery anyway so I was lucky I had it done when I did.  I will tell you all this : everyday is better but it's been tough and you'dbetter be tough to have a revision cause you don't all the unexpected things that can happen.  I'm  not loosing as fast I'd like but I see I'm not the only one out there so that makes me feel better. I thank you both for answering me. your new friend 
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/08 10:52 pm - Brampton, Canada
I had a revision from VBG/87 to a Lapband/06 and my average weight to reach goal in 20 months was 1.56 lbs. a week.  That was without starving or depriving myself and doing no exercise.  Exercise is important but I am very lazy and not going to pretend I did it when I haven't.  Being a revision made me more determined to succeed.  I also was self pay as the lapband is not covered as wls in Ontario Canada and paid $16,000.  Money well spent!
Most Active